• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal Welcome for Paul on November 20th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOL Members cleaned and dressed two Viper engine bay's on Sunday...

Here's Paul spraying the clean engine with Hyper-Dressing...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Paul rented a convertible Toyota Solara for his trip to SoCal; the finish was sooo baaad... that besides being comical, (for a bunch of detail oriented enthusiasts), it made for the perfect Experimentation Car for everyone to try their hand using the Rotary Buffer!

Here's David aka Newport Viper removing gross swirls using the rotary buffer and M84 with a W-7006 foam cutting pad.

Here's Kyle aka kpagel removing gross swirls using the rotary buffer and M84 with a W-7006 foam cutting pad.

Here's Mark Cummins aka Mark Cummins removing gross swirls using the rotary buffer and M84 with a W-7006 foam cutting pad.

By the way Mark, Killer Salsa!.... Can you say FIRE!

Mark is the owner of this Mercedes-Benz Smart Car pictured below,

If you have any interest or questions about Smart Cars and can post them to his forum here,

Smartenthusiast.com - Forums
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Excellent experience for everyone who attended this event. Good to have hands-on training on rotary buffer with M84 and W-7006.
        zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Thank you Everyone!

I'm back in NY and back on the computer! I wanted to thank everyone who made my trip to Meguiar's and to So Cal one that I will never forget. It was a pleasure to meet Mike Philips and everyone at the shop! It's very nice to know that such a community exists where everyone has the same love for cars, and mostly the same love for keeping them in tip top condition. You guys are awesome! Thanks for the hospitality,and kindness.

The weather couldn't have been any better.

Again - thank you all - I'm sure I'll be able to meet you all again in the future! I have to takecare of another business trip in April!

I have some pics to share below:

Car Pics:

The rental car! Complete with swirls and scratches!

Mark's Smart Car - Very small - very cool!

Dean's Turbo Color Concept!

Lawrence's Insane Monster Machine -

Steve's Classic Corvette! Don't forget to bring your coat/hat/gloves when you visit NY in Dec!

The new toy -

I didn't get this gentleman's name - but this Corvette was a beaut!

Hot Show Car FatChance! Don't forget to post pics when you update your mods!

Superclean supershine - can't get any darker:

Detailing pics:

Mike Philips putting 15lbs of G-100 with 80 on Woody's 2.5RS.

Let's take a look in the sunlight.

Mark taped off the Rental and played with #84 (Compound power cleaner) on the Dewalt Rotary and 7000 pad. Burnin it up!

You should all have seen the car the next day when Valet drove it out of the garage....boy was half the hood shiney! I was embarrased to be parked next to the Bentley's and Ferrari's, but no matter. It was fun!

Raffle time!

Engine Detailing on 2 Vipers:

David's 10 year old RT, dude - please don't wait for my return to tend to your motor! It will be easier if you do it more often, and especially when the motor is cool, and the sun doesn't beat on it!

David ended up wersanding the letters down (see pics prior to this post), we covered the ecu/alternator and pressure washed the motor, used APC (wasn't sure how safedgreaser would work - worried if it was too strong) and then hyper dressing!

We did the same with Lawrence's car!

That was my trip! I'm about to head over to a friends house for thanksgiving....my G-100 is there and my other friend picked up a 1992 240sx for his drifting needs - so I will go attack the paint in his warm garage (it's 30 degrees outside)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. If you need anything in NY let me know. takecare.

Paul
          2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Hey Paul!

Just a quick note... My daughters wanted to say thank you for the Spongebob shirts! They were colored that night and my youngest seems to live in hers!

Thanks again,
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');