• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitt Fuzz! - Deep Pile Chennile Wash Mitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitt Fuzz! - Deep Pile Chennile Wash Mitt

Is it normal to have fuzz from the wash mitt everywhere when it's first washed? I put a couple SS terrys in the same load and they're covered in fuzz!

the little wad of fuzz is just a representative sample; there was quite a bit more in the washer and on my terrys. I guess I'll deal with it if it's the price to pay for an awesome, ultra-soft mitt!
    "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

I didn't see that much fuzz with either of the two I have after washing them? Let me see if anyone else has seen this problem.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I actually have this problem on 4 of mine. I purchased the mitt when it first came out - before most of the stores carried it. And the first time was a nono - very bad - had to make sure that we rinsed the car off good.

you should see the clay bar - it has mitt fuzz on it too because of it.

After about 5 washes it slowly gets less...but the fact that it's there isn't a good thing.

My VROOM Target Mitt doesn't shed like this...I don't get it...maybe Megs is too good and over did the fluff.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
      2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I've used the mitt once and it was right out of the bag without washing it and it got some fuzz on the car, but nothing like when I washed it.
        "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

Call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700, site this thread and they should take care of you.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

this thread isnt very comforting since I just bought 2 of these and have not used them yet.

Comment

I just received one and haven't tried it yet. I think I'll wash it in my front loader with woolite, dry it, and then run my lint roller over it.
              2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
              2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
              1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                I didn't see that much fuzz with either of the two I have after washing them? Let me see if anyone else has seen this problem.
                I was just fixing to post about the exact same problem. I washed today with a brand new wash pad. I had fuzz all over my hands and truck. It was a brand new Chennile ultr plush wash sponge, not the mit. My Gold CLass Wash Mop was excellent, no fuzz left behind. I used the 2 bucket method and was very careful, yet I bet I lost 10% - 20% of the sponge material.
                http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Sounds like Meg's QA folks need to get jiggy with it. I don't know if Meg's actually makes these or just outsources it.
                  Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I picked one up also but have not used it yet.
                    is there any pre-step I should do with it before something like that happens?
                    like wash it first or soak and let it dry.
                    does age have something to do with it?
                    like if it was sitting on the store shelf a long time.

Comment

Mine was brand new, I dont think shelf life applies to these as I think they are a synthetic fiber (not totally sure). The wash pad works like a dream though. My "fuzzing" was minimal, maybe 10-20% fuzz loss on first use. Maybe that from it being new and now that I have used it, its broken in.
                      http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

i have and use several of these mits weekly. I did not experience the problems described here... the first wash before I used em produced a little bit of fuzz but nothing after.... I love these mits
                        Jeremy
                        Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
                        Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
                        Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
                        Folsom, Ca

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');