• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonneau Cover Cleaner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonneau Cover Cleaner...

What would you recommend to clean or protect a Tonneau Cover? The tag on the cover says not to use silicon based cleaner so something like that.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: Tonneau Cover Cleaner...

Originally posted by gb387
    What would you recommend to clean or protect a Tonneau Cover? The tag on the cover says not to use silicon based cleaner so something like that.
    Is the Tonneau vinyl? (I assume that it is but just want to make sure).

If so, if you want a dedicated cleaner, then M-3916 is an awesome vinyl cleaner. If your vinyl is only mildly neglected, then you might want to consider M-4016.

M-40 is a Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. It contains a mild chemical cleaner that really works well, but at the same time it conditions and protects.

Check out this link for more information on both,

https://<b>http://www.meguiars.com/s...catagory=1</b>

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

sorry.... yes it is vinyl and its new, I am looking for something to help keep it new or at least look new.

I have heard some good things about #40 you suggested so I might give that a try.
      Brandon

Comment

I use a Woolite 6 to 1 Water mix in a spray bottle. I rinse the cover down with the hose first and then spray it down with the Woolite mix. I let it sit a bit before brushing with a nylon brush with flagged ends ( very soft ) and then follow with a wash cloth ( chennile mitt) and final rinse.

The local birds seem to have perfect aim when it comes to my Tonneau so I tend to wash it quite a bit. The reason I brush it is that my cover has some grain to it and the dirt (Bird Bombs) become baked and embedded quite easily in a black cover. Keeping the cover well protected does help to allow the dirt to release much easier.

Comment

Woolite? hummm.... might have to give that a try. I never thought to use a soft brush I guess I am going to learn this summer when the birds are back, actually this is my first tonneau cover never really thought about it but it sure is a large target for birds huh?!
          Brandon

Comment

Trust me.... your tonneau will be a HUGE target for birds! Mine certainly is!

What Mike recommended was exactly what I was going to tell you.

I have a King Ranch OEM Tonneau on my truck. It's somewhat of a rare item specifically for the King Ranch Edition SuperCrew from Ford as it has the King Ranch logo printed on the beige cover itself. Needless to say, I want to take exceedingly good care of it so that I may be able to sell it if and when I decide to trade vehicles (as I think it'll bring decent coinage on ebay...) ... Anyway, the absolute ONLY product that I'll trust on the tonneau is Meguiar's #40.

RP
            -The Final Detail-
            Lagrange, Kentucky
            thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
            CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I do use the Meg #40 and/or 303 Protectant on the cover depenging what I have around. I lightly spray the cover and wipe the product over completely to wet down the entire cover. I let it rest as I wipe down the rest of my truck and I buff it with a dry MF cloth. Mine cover is a Black Sportmaster I picked up from Ebay for $100 and it is 2 years old now and holding up well.

Comment

When I did dad's truck, all I did was wash the cover then rubbed it down with #40

Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"
                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');