Engine Compartment Clean & Shine - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Compartment Clean & Shine

Originally posted by MattN03
    So is it a product similiar to #40 or Hyperdressing?
    Well... no not really. You spray it on and let it set the can says it cleans and shines and protects in one step. I would clean the engine prior to the products use.

The solvents evaporate and you end up with a coating. The can says "let it sit for 20 to allow product to penetrate and solvents evaporate."

I used it once, I really like the finish left behind by the product looks great but.... here is what I think.... I didn't like the application method(spray on). I would rather wipe on where I want it. Also, the solvents worry me a little being sprayed on everything under the hood just don't want to damage anything.

That is just my .02.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Originally posted by gb387
    Well... no not really. You spray it on and let it set the can says it cleans and shines and protects in one step. I would clean the engine prior to the products use.

The solvents evaporate and you end up with a coating. The can says "let it sit for 20 to allow product to penetrate and solvents evaporate."

I used it once, I really like the finish left behind by the product looks great but.... here is what I think.... I didn't like the application method(spray on). I would rather wipe on where I want it. Also, the solvents worry me a little being sprayed on everything under the hood just don't want to damage anything.

That is just my .02.
    I'd rather have more control over application myself, so I'll probably give Hyperdressing a shot. I've got plenty of #40 already, but I thought it was really for interior use only.
    2003 Mach 1
    Azure Blue
    5 speed/IUP
    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    KY Horsepower

Originally posted by MattN03
    I'd rather have more control over application myself, so I'll probably give Hyperdressing a shot. I've got plenty of #40 already, but I thought it was really for interior use only.
    I have yet to use HD but everything said about it is good! Worth a shot!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

CD2 is NOT a cleaner (although it does make it look "cleaner"). It recommends you clean your engine with your choice of degreaser. I use simple green 1:2 and soak for 10 minutes, then rinse. Let dry (warm up engine to speed up drying). Then you spray the CD2 over engine, fender wells, hoses, etc. let sit 20 minutes with hood up. THEN you start engine and let warm up to operating temp. This dries the product and sort of bakes it on. Do not worry if the term "bakes on" bothers you, this stuff still comes off with a mild solution of simple green or APC very easily.

When it warms up it spreds evenly and looks like it was hand wiped!! I buy it at autozone for $5.99 a can. Its great stuff and not too well known. It works wonders inside your fender wells too, giving that detailed look for weeks because it repels dirt, etc.

I love the anti-static properties of this stuff. I think thats what makes it look good for weeks and weeks. my engine still looks very nice after 2 months. My girlfreind was impressed too after I used it on her 140,00 mile subaru. She was like wow!! It looks new!!

I have used the CD2 Engine detailer spray also used it on my wheel wells as well, cleaned my engine with a little simple green and water and it turned out great seems to hold up well too. Finding it was difficult though here in Michigan I went to just about every major auto chain around, Murrays, Autozone etc and no one had it they had the CD2 engine cleaner but not the CD2 engine detailer. I ended up buying it online a midway auto supply for about 5 bucks a can was well worth it started out with two cans to see how I would like it needless to say I have a case on the way.

sCioN4mEiSsPelLtC
    sounds like some really good stuff. I used simple green before and really liked it. Then I found this stuff called purple power that works great. YOu just have to make sure the engine is cool before you use it. I want to try some of these engin bay products.

When i first got my car i gradually got the engine to where it is at the momment (needs a touch up soon....weekend approaching). I used a steam cleaner and degreaser and then meguiars metal polish.

Re: Engine Compartment Clean & Shine

I'm doing my wife's car right now. I am going with simple green and finish with CD2. I was reading on this forum that a lot of people like CD2. Picked up a can for $4.99. I am trying on my wife's 2005 car before I do my2008 TrailBlazer.

Wife's car Before.

Washed with simple green, let soaked, rinsed off.

.I liked the way the engine came out. Look close and you can see grime came off around Valve cover....

Need pics. after dressing...

Blazing a Trail in Arizona one weekend at a time.

Shine and Drive Detailing ziggo99's Avatar

Um, this thread is over 3 years old. I think the OP has cleaned his engine by now.
    -Kyle

Sorry ziggo, I am new here and wanted to post some pictures. Well it came out so nice I am got to use the CD-2 on my TrailBlazer. ...LOL
    Ziggo, is that a rule that I can't add to an old Post?
    Blazing a Trail in Arizona one weekend at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information