• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got confirmation on hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got confirmation on hood

found out hood has been repainted. spots are overspray. Under the CC. In fact in bright sunlight you can see where they blended it in. Basically my choices are repaint or find a salvage yard hood.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Refresh my memory. Was this on a recently acquired car? Was it a new car?

I am curious because I found out that the hood of my '04 GTO was repainted. They did a very good job of matching the color, but the paint is softer and chips very easily. I suppose it was damaged in shipping over from Australia.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

This is a 99 Taurus. Bought in 2002. Did not notice it then. Though
      I didnot know what I know now!! Last June I used the Quik Clay for first time followed by DC1 that's when I looked at hood and said "What is that!" Must have taken a glaze or something off. Rest of car is fine. Does have Ford hood. From the pinstripe up orange peel is gone one can see where it stops and begins. Also can see sanding marks.Carfax report came back fine, no reported wrecks.
      Looks like whoever painted hood either failed to clean paint gun or overspray. Definantly white pearl under CC.
      Kelly
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');