• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt multiple coats ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt multiple coats ???

I just bought an 01 black Dakota. I tried the new nxt wax and really like how it made the black pop. Is there any reason to apply more coats within a couple of days of each other, or just my normal interval of every six weeks.
    Do solvents in nxt dissolve the previous coat. Snow will be here any time soon so I like to have the paint well protected.
    thanks alot , 1st post

Hi canoebuck,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Two thin coats, applied well, will always provide a more uniform appearance and more uniform protection. After that it's pretty much time to stand back and admire the results until the next detailing session.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's some threads from our Hot Topics forum you might like to read,

NXT Tech Wax Cure Time

What's the Deal with "Layering"?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I always apply two thin coats... IMO 2 is MUCH better than one. Good luck!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Just to add, the best results will come from the full 5-steps, just in case you didnt do them yet.

1. Wash - Gold Class or Nxt Wash

2. Clay - Meguiars QuickClay

3. Clean- DC#1 if you have no swirls. ScratchX if you do.

4. Polish - DC#2

5. Wax - Nxt Wax
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the reply "certified car crazy". i went out today and bought dc#1 and #2.I tried them on a couple of panels following the directions on the bottles exactly. That is not letting them dry . Both were much tougher to remove than the nxt wax.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by canoebuck

i went out today and bought dc#1 and #2.I tried them on a couple of panels following the directions on the bottles exactly. That is not letting them dry.

Both were much tougher to remove than the NXT wax.

Thanks

In most cases, not all but most, if DC1 and DC2 are hard to remove then you applied too much. The idea behind applying a paint cleaner or a pure polish is to apply, work in and work against the finish and then remove. The removal can be instantaneous.

In the Meguiar's line, only waxes need to dry, any other paint care product is supposed to be applied, worked-in and then removed. The benefit comes from the action of either your hand or a machine working the product against the finish to either remove defects or add beauty, once this has been accomplished their is no longer any reason to leave the product on the surface.

As for thick and thin coats, there is no benefit to a thick coat or using excess product. Use the appropriate amount of product to get the job done.

Many people don't understand this and treat all paint care products more or less like a car wax, that is they wipe it on, allow it to dry and then remove it. This doesn't work for paint cleaners and pure polishes, nor for compounds or cleaner/polishes.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

lol in calgary is going to snow ...again today
                i think that im gonna but the wax away for along time

canoebuck you better wax soon snows probably coming your way
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment