• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is big and yellow, has more than 144 wheels and SHINES ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the kind words. It was fun but VERY tough physically. We put in three 10+ hour days with two 15 minute and one 1/2 hour lunch break.

SS... how much product did you go through?

1/2 gallon of glass cleaner

3/4 gallon of soap

1 gallon of super degreaser

2 1/2 gallons of hyper dressing

4 gallons of #20

I wouldn't have thought to use wool pads and #20-no marring using wool with the PC?
    Bus paint isn't like passenger car or truck paint. This paint is a very hard epoxy like single stage coating. Even when this paint is new it doesn’t shine like a passenger car so any micro marring was just about non-existent.

How much Super Degreaser did you put into the water/soap solution? Did you use wash mitts to scrub de buses?
    We tried to stay to about 10 :1. We wash all the buses with long handle scrub brushes.

So any snafus show up?
    Not really.

On each of the three days various buses had to leave at different times throughout the day on field trips. I was informed of that at the last minute. I had a list of which ones were going and when they would be back so I put together a game plan together that had us hop-scotching all over the yard to get them done before they left.

Which 3M wool pads did you use? You said you weren't too happy with them. Curious on that
    To be honest I wasn't using them as intended so I can really complain. They didn't stick to good to the non-3M backing pads we had.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

absolutely awesome!!!

love your work!

Comment

Great work!!!! Nice shiney fleet they now have!
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Just damn!!!
          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Joe, you are amazing!!! Great work on coordinating a team to complete this job!!

Just one question:

Did you have to supply your own power for all those PC's??? I'm thinking of the number of generators needed!!!
            Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807
            toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Thanks for the compliment.

Here is your answer --

I have two Honda generators that supplied us with plenty of power.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow, nice work, that's a HUGE job and it looks great...

Joe, just a question for my own knowledge, currently I use #66 for a one step cleaner/wax, do you feel that #20 works better or just adds better protection? What was your decision to choose #20 for this project?

Thanks,
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
                  Wow, nice work, that's a HUGE job and it looks great...

Joe, just a question for my own knowledge, currently I use #66 for a one step cleaner/wax, do you feel that #20 works better or just adds better protection? What was your decision to choose #20 for this project?

Thanks,
                  Tom

I think they would have looked better with a real cleaner wax put on them. I had to decide between cleaning ability and protection and I went with the product that protected best.

Comment

buses

Mike thanks for this because the church that i'm assisting have a donation of a school bus and i was thinking what to use and wuala you gave me the answer, thank you lord for Mike that you use him to give me the answer.
                    God bless you Mike and all of you there, keep the good work and support for all of us.

Luis Martinez

Comment

Very nice work and very creative stuff you came up with.
                      2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                      Show Car Detail

Comment

What was the reaction of the school bus company? I'm floored by how good they came out. I hope they were too!

And what are you going to do if they recommend you to another school to do their fleet of buses? Will you do it? Charge more, ask for more time?

Comment

joe , how does the apc work on the paint im afraid to use it on the paint cuz the word degreaser i guess it probly cuts throught the grime on the lower panels on the car
                          "A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." - Motor Trend

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                            Joe, you are amazing!!! Great work on coordinating a team to complete this job!!
                            I was thinking the same thing.....That part looks to be about as hard as the physical work itself!
                            r. b.

Comment

is that the CVUSD busses?

Comment

CVUSD?????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');