• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini goes 11.26 @121 MPH !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini goes 11.26 @121 MPH !!

We had the Fireball Tim / Mini USA drag mini out at palmdale this weekend and pulled an 11.26 @ 121mph, cut a 1.62 60' time too ! And that is with no n20 !!

Just thought I would give an update. BTW if we were at sea level it would have been in the 10's ( palmdale is 2700' )

I ran my car too but the times are pale in comparison. Best I pulled was 15.2 with tire spin through the 60' running low profile street tires.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

congrats on the smokin mini
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

thanks ! Here is a lnk to the blog with some crazy pictures.

Comment

Yea that expresion just about explains it!!!!!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

yep, that was my point. we are hoping to crack into the 9's in 2006

some crazy stuff! Best part is how the manufacturer is out there supporting us and even helping change axles !!

Comment

what type of power does it take to get a mini into the 11's (or 10's at SL)?

im guessing 400-500 (at least thats what an evo takes to do that, albeit its a heavier car)

which leads me to the next question, how did you get all the power.....twin charging?
            Lancer Evolution VIII
            I4T

Comment

Interesting. I have seen a VW bug run 11s but never a Mini. Bet it is a sight to see.

Comment

yeah fireball tim is crazy.

he does everything and anything and some mods are done by him that he has patents on with this partner.

read more in the latest MINI magazine.

Comment

Wow!! That wasn't a "Mini" feat was it? I would love to ride in that bad boy durning a run.
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

Re: Mini goes 11.26 @121 MPH !!

The Fireball Tim MINI did a sub 11 1/4 just a few weeks ago. Check out the site for more info: www.fireballtime.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

The car is deep in the 10's now. we did a 10.6 in New Jersey and then backed it up with a 10.8 in pomona.

We are working on some other stuff to make it even faster!

Anyone who wants to see it is welcome to come take a look at it in our boot at the LA Auto show.

Sorry no ride in this one since there is only one seat

Power for the 11 second runs was twin chargedmaking 400+ and now its a turbo only car and making 500+ ( to get the 10 ) we are working n breaking the 600+ mark now and maybe a 9 for 07 since it didnt happen in 06.

Comment

Brian White "DELTMAN" was just featured in Tuner Challenge on the Speed Channel tonight!! Way to go Brian!!
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');