• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing polish to use after #80 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing polish to use after #80 ?

What is a good finishing polish to use after #80 ?

I got some of this

But you can also use Deep Crystal #2. Some people swear that you can just go to wax after #80. I like a little extra though, thats why I opted for the pure hand polish. I will have pics soon, so I cannot attest to the effectiveness of it yet.

Good luck
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

I followed with #7 and finished with Gold Class Wax. I was very happy with the results on Black.

Comment

I go down to #82 with a W9006 - gives a really nice clear gloss IMO - I try and use it as a final polish before LSP (which is usually NXT or #21) on every detail I do.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
          I got some of this

But you can also use Deep Crystal #2. Some people swear that you can just go to wax after #80. I like a little extra though, thats why I opted for the pure hand polish. I will have pics soon, so I cannot attest to the effectiveness of it yet.

Good luck

This is what I prefer. #81 Hand Polish
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Why a hand polish (#81) ? I just bought a DA and want to limit hand applications as much as possible now.

I currently have the #9 product but suspect this is not a finishing polish, so how does #9 compare to #81 in aggressiveness ?

Comment

The pure polishes being mentioned (#7/#81/Deep Crystal #2) are functionally nonabrasive on automotive paint. So the #9 will be more abrasive than the #81.

The #82 and #9 have very mild diminishing abrasives but I dunno if they'll finish out much if any better than #80. #80 (and #9 too for that matter) will break down to the nonabrasive level and will almost always leave a ready-to-wax finish unless the paint is extra soft. You might see some improvement by using a pure polish (#3/#5/#7/#81/Deep Crystal #2) after these but it'll be from things like the TS oils, not from additional, finer abrasive action.

The #81 might be *called* "hand polish" but it'll work fine by PC, just like the #3 "machine polish" will work fine by hand.
              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I didnt know that the hand polish was #81, is that what it is referred to as?

I am a newbie to the meguiars scene and am awaiting my "backordered" G100 kit. I have spent hours on this forum, and have heard #81 mentioned but I didnt know it was this stuff. Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by mpmiller37
                  Why a hand polish (#81) ? I just bought a DA and want to limit hand applications as much as possible now.

I currently have the #9 product but suspect this is not a finishing polish, so how does #9 compare to #81 in aggressiveness ?

#9 is so non-aggressive, that yes in fact it is a finishing polish.

If you look at the label of your bottle of #9 you'll see the picture shows this product being applied using a rotary buffer. Hint, hint... best results for removing, not just filling in when using this product come from using a tool that offers a much more aggressive cleaning action over your hand or the dual action polisher.

#9 is much, much less aggressive than M80 Speed Glaze, almost the same but a little less than #82 Swirl Free Polish.

As far as comparing #81 with #80 you can't really do this as #9 is a cleaner/polish and #81 is a pure polish.

Read this, especially Step 3

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                    I didnt know that the hand polish was #81, is that what it is referred to as?

I am a newbie to the meguiars scene and am awaiting my "backordered" G100 kit. I have spent hours on this forum, and have heard #81 mentioned but I didnt know it was this stuff. Can someone confirm this?
                    Meguiar's Hand Polish is the same as #81

Comment

Originally posted by mpmiller37

You can use our pure polishes using the dual action polisher with no problems...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');