• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A special Thank You ~Online Detail Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A special Thank You ~Online Detail Day

Seriously, no matter how good the products of a company may be, it comes down to people! People who are passionate about what they do and how they do it are extremely rare in today's world. I was so proud to be part of today's Meguiar's clinic for forum member's. Not only did we have just one or two, of such people, we had THREE! Enormous PROPS go out to Mike Phillips, never have I encountered such a gracious professional, who is humble, well spoken and well organized in his delivery and presentation! BRAVO Mike, you are a leader in your profession and represent Meguiar's in the highest standard! Also two of L.A.'s finest detailer's, both Brian and Joe, gave up the opportunity to make ogles of $$ on this glorious sunny day, in order to come to this clinic and assist us forum members learn, observe and get hands on training with the tips, tricks, and techniques of both buffing and PC'ing. In fact, two newbie ladies got to Clay and Buff their car for the first time! They were hooked! The obsession will begin soon.... no doubt!

These people, along with the performance of the selected items, have made me want to use more of the Meguiar's automotive detailing products! Meguiar's has gone out of it's way to not only spend money on me and these other fine forum members, but they have expended their most precious resource, their employee's time and the time of their business. By doing this, Meguiar's has developed a relationship with it's buying public. I felt that, in some way, this was a "Thank You" for buying Meguiar's products and to let the consumer know Meguiar's wants to "GIVE BACK" by assuring the consumer how to use the products correctly. This, my friends, is the ULTIMATE in CUSTOMER SERVICE! No other detailing products manufacturer today is giving the buying public, defined as the weekly wash and waxer, the enthusiast, and the professional, this much attention and PRO-ACTIVE awareness to exceptional car care. This is an example of how Meguiar's not only is a leader in manufacturing theirs and others' products, but also shows how they reach out and develop a relationship with those who use their products! Not only did we get this tremendous clinic, we were awarded a Grab Bag with not only sample products but also tangible and useful full products such as Quick Detailer.

At the ElantraGT Club, we had two members join in today's clinic, and a third was about to make plans to fly in from Ontario, Canada before he accepted a career change to become a detailer for a professional detailing shop. We are very fortunate to live in Southern California and be invited to the Meguiar's facility. Also, there were, I believe, 5 people from San Diego today. Having this clinic on the Meguiar's grounds adds tremendously to the ambiance of the day.

Today was a very special day for me and I tip my hat in respect and kudos for those who assisted me in pursuing my dream to one day become a Master Detailer. Thank you Mike. Thank you Brian. Thank you Joe. Thank you Meguiar's!
    Last edited by CrobarCars; May 2, 2004, 07:24 PM.
    "Automotive Detailing with a Passion!"

Thank you for the very kind compliments ! I am sure I can speak for Mike and Joe and say It was our pleasure to help everyone learn a trick or two and give them a chance to properly polish their pride and joy.

Glad you had a good time and learned something at the same time, its a good feeling to be able to help someone learn something new.

It was a pleasure to meet you and all the others that showed up on Saturday.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

You did a great job on your ride.

I had a great time!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

To CrobarCars:

("Long copy" writer, Crobar? )
        TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

This is short to medium length compared to some of the other posts I've seen him make

Comment

I only poke fun because Mike explained on Detail Day (at some length) that he was originally hired as a writer for Meg's, and he described himself as a "long copy" writer - articles and such - as opposed to the quick blurbs on packaging, in ads, etc. Seems Crobar enjoys the same talent, and well written at that!
            TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

Me?

A long copy writer?

Mike

(p.s. Thanks for the kind words CrobarCars, I enjoyed meeting you especially after reading your first post on SCG)
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');