• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Just that..... what do you reach for time and time again?

Hope I listed all of them!

I have tried:

NXT Generation Car Wash
    Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    Deep Crystal Car Wash

I always reach for Gold Class... Someone suggested #62 so me sometime ago I am going to pick up a gallon when I run out of Gold Class.
    #00 Hi-Tech Wash - Pro Line
    0.65%
    #62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - Pro Line
    3.93%
    Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - Consumer Line
    43.37%
    NXT Generation™ Car Wash - Consumer Line
    28.64%
    Deep Crystal Car Wash - Consumer Line
    6.22%
    Soft Wash Gel - Consumer Line
    1.96%
    Hyper-Wash - Detailer Line
    4.58%
    Shampoo Plus - Detailer Line
    4.58%
    Other
    6.06%
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I use NXT Generation Car Wash. I have not done alot of comparison between all the products as yet. But from alot of comments I have seen from the others the NXT is a great wash for those of us with hard water issues. From what I have seen, I tend to agree.

I am almost out of it so will start trying some others soon. I have plenty of the following around the house to try next:
    NXT Generation Car Wash
    NXT Generation Car Wash

#00 Hi-Tech Wash
    #00 Hi-Tech Wash

#62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner
    Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner

Hyper-Wash
    Hyper-Wash

Shampoo Plus
    Shampoo Plus
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I've tried Gold Class and Deep Crystal and love them both, so I couldn't choose just one! I will be trying NXT next so then I'll hopefully pick one and stick with it.

Comment

For general washing duties I use M62. It's sudsy, prevents spotting, and is fun to use. Plus, I try to use the Professional products whenever possible. If guys like me don't support it, who would I blame if they discontinued it?!?

When I detailed cars every day, I used to use the old Detailer Wash & Wax. It was killer in hot weather, and was a great lube... Meaning, it was the best wash available for soaking down the car after every buffing step. I felt like I was cheating using it... It's one of the only washes I've used that would rinse away easily (if I let it sit too long). They should have put it in the consumer line.

For wetsanding, interior leather cleaning (diluted, of course), and claying, I use #00 Hi-Tech Wash.
        I guess if I had to use only one wash forever, I would use M00, since it's so versatile (And I use deionized water). If only it was available in a gallon...
        Kevin Brown
        NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

bmw shampoo...its relabeled...i believe sonax...cost $8 and last forever..1 capful per gallon

Comment

I think I'll try the GC next. Thats' the ony consumer level product I have. After that I'll switch over to the 2 gallons of the Detailer line and use them up. I think my goal will be to end up trying the Pro line last as I suspect I am going to stick with those unless I don;t like them. Which I find highly unlikely.

I only have enough NXT for 1-2 more washes. I bought the jug in June and probably got somewhere around 40 washes out of it (guessing here). It doesn't sudz up like some other brands I have used in the past. But that is no biggie for me. My main concern was fighting hard water and NXT did the job, or helped anyway. I hope the GC gives me similar hard water fighteing ability we'll see.
            Last edited by Jeff Smith; Nov 17, 2005, 01:56 AM.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Gold Class
              http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

I just finished a big bottle of Gold Class and hated it, didn't suds up at all. But I just started using NXT wash on recomendations on the forum and it's a lot better. I did use a sample of Hyperwash and really liked it but I wasn't in the mood to order online so I got what I could locally and I'm pleased with it.

Comment

I'm not going to vote because I use the GC and NXT. It just depends. If I am going to the car wash, I grab the GC because it is in a small squirt bottle. At home, I use the NXT I don't know either. I assume that when the GC is gone, I will just fill the bottle up with NXT.

Comment

Gold Class.

I try others and keep coming back (haven’t tried #62 yet).

But I am finding myself enjoying Shampoo-Plus, might end up keeping both around. (Always keep #00 on hand too but I don’t use it for regular washing.)

PC.

Comment

Great poll. I like trying different washes.

I mostly use NXT, but I now got a gallon of Hyper Wash, I like them both.

Comment

I've been using the NXT wash and it's been treating my car well.

Comment

Out of the three I have tried, Gold Class, NXT, and #62, 62 is my favorite due to the slick feel and nice sudz, followed by Gold Class, then NXT.

Comment

#62 Great lubricity and available in gallons. #00 is nice for garage queens, but I've never really found a reason to prefer it over #62.
                            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I need to get my hands on #62 and try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');