• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still supprised how close NXT and GC are... the entire time they have been back and forth. My guess is Meguiars already knows this.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I'm a Deep Crystal user but when this bottle is empty I think I will try some NXT wash then maybe some GC.

Comment

Haven't tried the Shampoo Plus, or the Hyper Wash. However, I've used all the rest, and #62 gets my vote.

Very slick, not thick/heavy suds, but "tough" suds. Rinses very well, and because of that, it doesn't leave a lot of residue behind.
        Boss_429

Comment

I recently purchased the NXT Wash and I love it. The smell is great, it lubricates nicely and it suds just enough. I highly recommend it.
          '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

It's all good

I never realized how nice a good soap was until I tried some GC and NXT. I like them both, but I'll lean toward NXT

I have a sample of HW and SP, and a bunch of 00 from the Katrina sale I haven't tried yet..I might have to check out some #62 on my next order

Any good ideas on what to do with cheap 'Blue' soap??

Comment

Wash your garbage cans?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

using or *want* to use.

I've got a huge bottle of Gold that I'm currently using.

But....I got a sample "sheet" of some NXT shampoo and loved it. I want to switch but feel compelled to finish off the huge bottle of Gold. It may take me over a year. Eventually I may just pass it on to my nephew, who I am trying to convert to a 100% Meguiar's user. (Already gave him some products and taught him how to use them, including clay. He inherited my old car.)

What I'd really love is more of those "sheets" of shampoo. But not a bunch of samples, packaged in a box for regular sale. How wonderful to put a sheet in the bucket and fill it with water. Exactly measured, no muss, no fuss.

At any rate, I'm using the Gold but I want to use NXT. I've already replaced most of my other Gold with NXT...wax, detailer, glass cleaner.
                It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

I've found that Shampoo Plus from the Detailer line, suds much better than NXT, even though we have really hard water here. It leaves a perfect shine just like #00 Hi-Tech wash, which is what I was last using, but washed my moms car with Shampoo Plus, and I love it!
                  1998 White Olds Aurora
                  V8 260HP

Comment

I used only the nxt car wash sofar and i'am really pleased with
                    it, works great for me and it smells nice too.

But i like to try some GC the next time i need some.
                    I just love detailing

Comment

I use NXT, however it is the only car wash I have used from Megs so far.

I tried NXT because of the water softeners that it had in it. I was very impressed and have been using nothing but since.

I am tempted to try Gold Class and Deep Crystal but I am enjoying NXT so much I really don't feel the need to experiment with anything else.
                      RW

Comment

I just got a jug of NXT Wash and I think it works quite well. I got it to handle the hard-water in my area and it seems to be working. My only question is how to measure out the 1oz per gallon of water that is supposed to be used in the bucket. The formula is very thick and it is difficult to try and make 4 capfulls as it says on the label. Any suggestions or should I not worry about it and just eyeball a decent amount?

Comment

I am a softwash man myself!!

Smells good and doesnt harm my washes. It sells for £3.99 here about $7, although its only in a little bottle. Slick and makes me feel safe using it, i hate thin soap!!

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by skyace888
                            I just got a jug of NXT Wash and I think it works quite well. I got it to handle the hard-water in my area and it seems to be working. My only question is how to measure out the 1oz per gallon of water that is supposed to be used in the bucket. The formula is very thick and it is difficult to try and make 4 capfulls as it says on the label. Any suggestions or should I not worry about it and just eyeball a decent amount?
                            what i did is... take a measuring cup and fill it with 5oz of water and pour it into a laundry cup and now i know the exact amount of car soap to put in, each and every time!

Comment

I would say GC wash but I've noticed a significant difference in hard water spotting, until I get a filter, it's NXT so far but I've heard super soap is awesome.

Comment

Gold Class all the way for me.

Never tried NXT yet, due to our city water being so soft.

Has anybody noticed how thick GC is now? I just opened a new gallon of it, and it is thick as molasses!...Seems to suds up better too.

I'm still waiting on Meguiars to offer a shampoo sampler so I can give them all a try.
                                Last edited by rusty bumper; Apr 25, 2006, 07:34 PM.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');