• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the GC. I thought it would be my main soap until I found NXT at KMart for $5 a jug. It was the first time I have seen it around here so I bought all three they had.

My vote is for GC, I like all the suds and the smell.
    Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I bought a big bottle of GC, and it suds and shines better than anything I can remember.

Comment

Hyper Wash for me - awsome dilution ration, lasts for ages and leaves a very nice clean finish and rinses very well. Great product. Also love #62, leaves a little extra behind I feel to add to the finish.
        "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

I recently switched from DC to GC. The soap is much thicker, and the suds seem to last for ever! I'm washing my car in half the time now which is a huge win for me. My car is a light color so I don't really notice any difference in the shine, but after all they are both Meguiars products

- Ben

Comment

I just ran out of NXT and picked up some GC. I like the GC much better. It was so slick and slippery while washing - loved it!

Comment

Noob here, but can anyone explain 'hard water'and 'soft water'? How do I test to see the type of water I am getting from the tap?
              It's all a passion....

Comment

GC all the way. Suds are great, cleans great, moves dirt away good... Ive used DC wash and still do when Im not washing my jeep.

Anyone ever use those little Meguiars wash stripes? They came in alittle blue pack. I used them one time and never really liked them, I guess they stopped making them?
                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Only tried NXT, but can say that it is the best soap compared to other's non-meguiars soap.

A week build up of dust, traffic film and grime just melts away with NXT and 1 or 2 passes with a wash mitt. It is so easy to clean

Comment

This is a little off topic but im hoping someone can answer it. Where can you buy a water filter for your hose?
                    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
                    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
                    Attention to detail is the key to success
                    Steve

Comment

I use deep crystal because it`s what was in the garage. My dad bought it and the wheel cleaner at some point and I didn`t want to spend any extra money on the wash soap. I`d like to try NXT though. The water in my area is very hard and nasty.
                      1986 4Runner 4wd
                      almost 200k miles
                      the legacy lives on

Comment

Re: What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Love GC shampoo & NXT carwash! have 'em mixed together for that extra shine.
                        Yusri Omar
                        Perfectshine Detail

Comment

Im loving Duragloss 901 carwash!!!
                          very curious about #62 though and I will try that next, but it has some big shoes to fill if its gonna beat 901
                          VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by onnfire View Post
                            This is a little off topic but im hoping someone can answer it. Where can you buy a water filter for your hose?
                            griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=3724

[No commercial links are allowed on MOL; Thanks, 2hotofrd]

Comment

I have been a die hard GC wash user for a number of years now...5 maybe? Anyway, I am going to try #62 next. Just curious I guess. Although I would be very surprised if it topped the dirt lifting, lubricity, and shine left by GC.
                              Jason

Comment

bump... I am surprised NXT and Gold Class have been tied all the way, I figured there would be a little difference.
                                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');