• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glove Box or Under Seat Emergency kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove Box or Under Seat Emergency kit

I had just detailed my truck and ws heading to Port O'Connor Texas for the annual fish fry. I was diverted down a stretch of highway that had just been stripped of its asphalt. The road crew had just "soaked" the red dirt rich in limestone with boatloads of water. I had no choice but to go through it. I had red mud (cement) all under my truck and my wheels and on fenders. I also hit a couple of bug swarms. I wish I could bring my entire selection of Meguiar's products with me, but cannot obviously.

I had to stop at the next car wash and remove the bulk of the red mud, but had no towels, bug remover, window cleaner, MF towels, and wheel dressing, etc etc.

Here's my suggetion: (most of the products exist seperately I think) This is based on the "PREMIUM" tar & bug remover wipes which are excellent. Notice these kits consist completely of "WIPES".

The Kits could be called:
    The Meguiar's Gold Class Emergency travel Kit (And/Or)
    The Meguiar's NXT Emergency Travel Kit

Includes:
    5 Premium Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover wipes
    5 Premium Gold Class Window Wipes (or NXT)
    5 Premium Gold Class Car Shampoo&Cond. Wipes (use at car wash to infuse an MF towel or Sponge with Meg's suds)
    5 Premium Gold Class Endurance Tire Dressing Wipes
    5 Premium Gold Class Trim Dressing Wipes
    5 Premium Gold Class Liquid Wax ( or NXT) Wipes
    5 Premium Gold Class Quick detailer or Final Inspection
    3 Small Gold Class MF towels (about 2/3 size of regular MF)
    AND/OR
    5 Premium Gold Class Ultimate Wipes

All this a small disposable (or refillable via meguiars.com) container that can fit in the glove box.

I would buy this FAST if it were available so I can restore my finish on trips out of town. If this Kit already exists, I havent seen it.

Whatcha Think??
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

that would be pretty cool
    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

I guess I will have to invent my own kit I did find several of the wipes from meguiars, but no window cleaner wipes, qd wipes, GC Shampoo strips or wipes, and I guess I could just pack an MF into something.

*sigh*

Comment

well i don't really like using wipes anyways.. guess it's just me, never had as good as results VS the real product
        rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Originally posted by explore_02xlt
          well i don't really like using wipes anyways.. guess it's just me, never had as good as results VS the real product
          Agreed. I'm not a "wipes" fan either.

I'll snap off a few pics of my "mobile kit" tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by explore_02xlt
            I am not either, but this was an emergency!! I was out of town, and only thing I had was a old, poorly lit, coin-op car wash. I had just detailed for an hour or two prior to the road detour. If would hav had these wipes, I could have saved the time needed when I got home the next day to re-clean everything. Thebugs were baked on, the tires had residue from the roadwork, my rims were "bleached" looking, ANd I had to add water spots on top of that among other things

I am going to put together a little something for the next time that happens. I just didnt want to have to have a shoebox layiing around the inside of the vehicle. As far as wipes go, you cannot beat the premium bug and tar wipes. They seem to have a different formula, that is thinner than the GC line. They are the best IMHO.

Comment

I dont like wipes myself, but this is a good idea, and wipes would be better than nothing in a pinch. You wouldnt use it all over the car anyway, just in touch up spots.

Comment

Liquid Wax wipes?! Ha Ha!
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

im not sure a wash wipe would work ... you would need to cram a lot of wash solution into a small wipe
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');