• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to care for painted interior plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to care for painted interior plastics?

my entire interior used to be gray, but i've since painted it black, including the dash, door panels, etc etc etc. i used SEM vinyl and fabric spray. i did it in march, and its holding up perfectly, however all i've been doing to keep it clean is dust it of with a cloth.

the black seems to pick up fingerprint marks/smudges easily, and dusting obviously doesnt remove them, and if i use some water and wipe it down, that doesnt really seem to do anything, and almost seems to make the surface look more dried out. (we have very hard water, would that matter?)

anyone have a good suggestion as to how i might keep these painted plastic panels clean and in good condition? i'm definitely interested in long-term health too, i dont want to use something that might slowly wear the paint away, or cause it to lift/peel/bubble....

You could try Meguiar's Quik Interior detailer.

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I'll second that.
      Death Before Dishonor

Comment

ok i'll order some and give it a try. does it leave any type of residue?

Comment

No , just a very consistent coating of cleanliness & an interesting scent too. Enjoy !
          Death Before Dishonor

Comment

well i ordered some quick interior detailer online a week ago, and just got it in yesterday. I didnt really have much faith in it working properly since my interior is painted. I thought it might discolor, fade or dull the painted finishes. I was wrong! This stuff removed all the smudges and scuffs and everything, and left the surfaces looking brand new!

**I am a little concerned that maybe theres something in the interior detailer that might cause the paint to peel, crack or bubble over time, so i'm only going to use it on a couple interior panels for quite awhile to see if there are any negative long-term effects, before I start using it on the entire dash though...

Comment

Let us know how QID works on your painted surfaces!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');