• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost NXT smoothness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost NXT smoothness

I applied my 5th coat of NXT Paste wax this past weekend.. I have been applying the NXT Paste by hand every weekend for the past 5 weeks.

My last coat was the best.. The car was soooo smooth. It had the that buttery feeling and was definitely the best coat to date. I was so amazed.

Well, after 24 hours of applying it.. we got some serious rain.. It must have rained for 8 hours straight and all my hard work was gone!! I still have the nice deep shine but I lost the smooth buttery feeling. Isnt the smoothness suppose to last longer than 1 day ?

Thanks for your feedback, I'll forward the link to this thread to the appropriate people...

Again, thank you for your feedback.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike.. I might have to start "topping" the wax with a sealant or something to see if I can keep that smoothness.. it was so unbelievable how smooth it was

Comment

Did you wash the vehicle after the rain?

Comment

no I haven't done anything since the rainstorm

Comment

I have noticed that while the shine and protection seems to remain, the smoothness definately leaves quickly with Nxt Wax. I apply the Spray Wax after most washings to try and keep the smoothness, and shine, etc.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have noticed that after rain, it will not be as slick, but after I wash the car, the smoothness comes back some. It would be a good idea to hit it with some NXt spray wax after you wash it.

Comment

I will try washing it this weekend and see if any slickness comes back.. ill probably put on another coat of NXT while im at it.. murr - thanks for the reply.. at least im not the only one.. i wanted to rule out that it was anything to do with my prep work or application..

i was just surprised that i lost that much smoothness so quickly.. it was like night and day

Comment

Yeah, I have never gotten the squeak test to work, so I assume the potection has at least mostly remained for a long time after washing. Even the beading/sheeting that Nxt does seems ok, just that slickness goes.

I have a daily driver, so I use Wash, Clay as needed, ColorX, and Nxt as my routine.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

In addition to using the Spray Booster Wax, you should also use some NXT Speed Detailer between car washes if you can. If using a QD makes you nervous about scratching (it doesn't unless the paint is really dirty), use it right after you wash your car.

The Speed Detailer adds quite a bit of gloss and slickness IMHO.

For those of you that had trouble with the Spray Wax streaking in extremely high heat and humidity, it is not an issue this time of year for me in the Midwest. It's great for a quick touch up, and I don't have to be quite as careful about applying extremely thin coats.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                      I have noticed that while the shine and protection seems to remain, the smoothness definately leaves quickly with Nxt Wax.....
                      Thats kind of what I have noticed as well.... still looks great and appears it is protecting.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                        For those of you that had trouble with the Spray Wax streaking in extremely high heat and humidity, it is not an issue this time of year for me in the Midwest. It's great for a quick touch up, and I don't have to be quite as careful about applying extremely thin coats.

RamAirV1
                        I just had great luck with NXT spray wax when I used it in this review: Even Coat Applicators X-3080 ~ Review. Really enhanced the shine on my truck and added some of the slickness that was lost over time. Its really the best experience with NXT spray wax I have ever had, kind of been troublesome for me!?!?
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I used to think that the rain left deposits that affected the smoothness of NXT. But even after a wash with NXT car shampoo 1 week after applying, the smoothness was lost. Using a QD quickly brought it back.

I am seeing the same thing with #21 as well now with regards to smoothness. But the protection is still there as the rain water is still beading very tightly.

Comment

Hi,

Me have just recently converted to use the NXT paste wax. I am facing the same issue as the surface lost the smoothness pretty fast. Which I do not face when I am using the Soff99 ion wax. Thereby I am wondering am I doing the right choice to convert.

Hope Mike can give us an assurance on that.

Thanks

Comment

Not sure if a wax has to feel very slick all of the time in order to protect paint, but my vehicles have had outstanding gloss ever since I started using NXT, and I only wax about 3 or 4 times a year. Except for the top surfaces.....They get a little more attention than the sides.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');