• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost NXT smoothness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
    Not sure if a wax has to feel very slick all of the time in order to protect paint, but my vehicles have had outstanding gloss ever since I started using NXT, and I only wax about 3 or 4 times a year. Except for the top surfaces.....They get a little more attention than the sides.

I agree with Rusty here big time. If we now have to worry about how it "feels after a week", we will now have more to worry about, other then apearence and protection (and I have no more room for another worry). Besides: Do we want everyone that looks at our vehicles also touching them to check the "smoothness" and that our wax is present? I tend to think that I am the only one allowed to touch my cars paint and knowing that the paint is protected and shines like mad, is good enough for me.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Well the idea was if you have that ultra smooth surface, it helps with rain and snow to "sheet" of your car better than a non-smooth surface.. Besides, I think its safe to say the more slickness you have the better protection you have against the outer elements any comments? anyone test this theory?

Comment

Originally posted by gtp
        Well the idea was if you have that ultra smooth surface, it helps with rain and snow to "sheet" of your car better than a non-smooth surface.. Besides, I think its safe to say the more slickness you have the better protection you have against the outer elements any comments? anyone test this theory?
        Well, after I posted my last message above, I got to thinking that very thing (I hate that when that happens). I do know that when I wash the vehicle weeks after waxing with NXT, the mitt seems to still glide over the surface just as if it was waxed the day before. So, I am not sure that the smothness (slickness) when the paint is dry opposed to with wash solution and water is now the topic then just feeling it. It is a very interesting point though. I do know that I now love NXT more then GC when applying it with a DA. My problem is, as of lately, I wax every 2-3 weeks opposed to every week and so, I really do not know the long term durability I am getting. For that matter, I may never know because I enjoy waxing so often. And do know the shine and gloss I get are insane. I would like to hear others thoughts too.
        Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

So can we safely assume the protection is there whichby the feel of the paint surface is feel so empty and not smooth at all.

My previous experience with the ion wax is, it will feel surface for about a month even though I wash weekly.

Don't really feel good on the protection without the smooth surface.

Comment

NXT Spray Wax is the key...

NXT Spray Wax is a superior product for restoring the slickness and water-beading look that we all love. I use it after every wash and never have I encountered such an easy to maintain system of protection.
            Jeff

Comment

What if..... when you wax your car, the wax that gets on your hands cause the surface to feel slicker than it really is?
              Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');