• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I seeing things??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I seeing things??

I used #80 on a DA last night at speed 5 on a couple of panels, then I got to a tough spot so I broke out the #83, and WOW # 83 worked great and left the finish very close to perfect. I used #83 to do the rest of the truck followed by a good hand rubbed #81.

Am I asking for trouble by using #83 then polish, then wax? It looks great!! Of course I am in a garage and there hasnt been susnshine for days, but I use a very bright light and look closely at the paint, it looks great It is a pearl green metallic.

Any thoughts?? Am I going to be disappointed when I take the truck out of the garage?? I would like some thoughts because I am going to put some #16 on today
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Hey Hannibal,

83 is a great product. It is fine that you go 83 then wax, you don't necessarily need to polish again b/c 83 is cleaner/polish product.

You are basically doing 2 of the same steps if you go 83 then 81. It will be fine if you just go 83 and wax.

Good luck
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I need to pick some #83 up... never used it but seems everyone that uses it has good things to say about it!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Well the extra coat of polish really made the dark green metaillic paint come to life. It has incredible depth, and gloss without any wax. The funny thing is, I have a gallon of #80, and only 32oz of #83 The #80 did great dont get me wrong, but I guess I could have gotten same results from the hand polish after #80 as I did with one pass of #83

I am going to tackle my GF's car (again). I tried the DC#1, followed by cleaner wax by hand and it looks 10X better, but I think this DA and some #83 is gonna really bring it back to life.

Well, Its time to start applying #16. I will post some shots this evening!!

Comment

The thing you need to remember about choosing and using different products is that some paints will react differently to a product than other paint systems, this is one of the reasons having some choice is important.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

for those who want that extra POP adding a polish 81,7,5 after 80 or 83 those will see a benfit at least i did....
            thats what you call a "car crazy"
            Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

by the way Hannibal did you take care of the #16 on your truck
              Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                by the way Hannibal did you take care of the #16 on your truck
                Heres my write up:

Let me know whatcha think

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                  I need to pick some #83 up... never used it but seems everyone that uses it has good things to say about it!
                  You never know when you might need it!.....I'd hate to be without it.
                  r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                    Heres my write up:

Let me know whatcha think
                    The truck looks great . I think it also gives your customers a good first impression when you show up in a nice clean truck.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');