• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very neglected paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very neglected paint

i just got a 93 firebird and the paint is very neglected the clear coat look like it has chips missing out of it the hole car look that way so how can i get it out or do i have to repaint it

IMHO try the least expensive method first then move forward from there. Wash ,clay, colorx & evaluate results. If acceptable for daily driver in the upcoming winter months leave it be & reval in the spring.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Welcome. If the clear has failed then there is little you can do to bring it back. On this forum, pics are very important since its quite dificult to describe what you see. If you can get some pics then someone will be in a better position to give advice. Thanks.

Comment

Welcome!!! You would be amazed at how much better that paint will look if you follow the meguiars system.
        http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

As sweetjazz posted pix are important for a better opinion on a solution to a problem. If the clear is chipped ,allegated or otherwise compromised you know that a repaint is in the future. Your current use of the vehicle is a factor as well as where it is parked( inside or outside) especially in Michigan during the winter.
          Death Before Dishonor

Comment

will have pics tomarrow

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');