• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

limited water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limited water

Hi, I live in a apt building and dont have access to a water hose. After washing my car with around 5 buckets of water using the following steps:
    1. Rinse with 1 bucket
    2. clean with nxt car wash + mitt using 2 buckets
    3. 2 buckets to rinse off the soap and using the water magnet to dry.
    4. ColorX + NXT Spray Wax

I am noticing more swirls than i did before. Is it because the car is cleaner and now I can see the swirls better, or is it because my method is no good?

And is there a better way for water limited detailing?

Thank you

How exactly are you rinsing the car off (in your first step)? The purpose of using a hose to rinse off the car is to flush off all the loose contaminants that can cause scratches on your car.

I recommend you find some place / somebody who will let you use a hose.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Oh.. I think the first step is the problem.

I just wet the car

Comment

try Q.E.W. much easier and less water needed.
        "always somethin"

Comment

What I would personally do, though this may cost a bit, is buy one of the Karcher electric pressure washer's currently on sale at amazon for $49.95 or something like that. Then I'd buy Karcher's siphononing tube, which costs about $39. What this allows you to do is to **** up water from a standing source, so you can set the tube into into a wash bucket, and then pressure wash the car

Good luck,

George
          I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Originally posted by gbackus
            What I would personally do, though this may cost a bit, is buy one of the Karcher electric pressure washer's currently on sale at amazon for $49.95 or something like that. Then I'd buy Karcher's siphononing tube, which costs about $39. What this allows you to do is to **** up water from a standing source, so you can set the tube into into a wash bucket, and then pressure wash the car

Good luck,

George
            Hmm.... wouldn't an apartment building still frown on that? Not to mention, how would he have a power source? I imagine that'd be just as difficult to achieve as hose access....

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
              Hmm.... wouldn't an apartment building still frown on that? Not to mention, how would he have a power source? I imagine that'd be just as difficult to achieve as hose access....
              Extension cords are cheap ? And assuming he is using 5 gallon buckets, he's already using about 15 gallons a wash, once you get the following method down you can cut that down to about 8, almost half of what he is using now.
              I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Do a search on "QEW" at

There are a "ton" of threads on this topic. QEW works if you use it correctly.

Tom

Comment

I'll take a look at all those. Thanks!

Its too cold now to do hand car washes.
                  I'll have to wait till spring

Comment

If you really want to get crazy, get one of those water bed fill valves. Hooks to your kitchen faucet and will allow you to hook a garden hose to it, run it out the window or door and you will have hot and cold water for you wash!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I love my new $49 Karcher, but I'm not sure the Siphon tube will work. This $39 tube is just a regular hose with a hose fitting on one end and a filter on the other. It's also listed under accessories for 2400 PSI and higher. So not sure. I'm actually considering to see if I can fill up a 3 gallon bug sprayer to pressurize it to around 30 or 40 PSI, putting on a spigot, and seeing if the Karcher can use that as a source. If so, I could conceivably chain several 3 gallon sprayers together for a higher capacity water tank that's fairly portable.

This is what the Karcher cable looks like.

Good luck,

George
                      Richard Lin
                      ShowCarDetailing
                      5548 E. La Palma Ave
                      Anaheim, CA 92807
                      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                        [B]I love my new $49 Karcher, but I'm not sure the Siphon tube will work. This $39 tube is just a regular hose with a hose fitting on one end and a filter on the other. It's also listed under accessories for 2400 PSI and higher. So not sure. I'm actually considering to see if I can fill up a 3 gallon bug sprayer to pressurize it to around 30 or 40 PSI, putting on a spigot, and seeing if the Karcher can use that as a source. If so, I could conceivably chain several 3 gallon sprayers together for a higher capacity water tank that's fairly portable.
                        You know, I never caught that before. None of their Electric PW are rated at 2400 PSI so I guess maybe it's only for the gas pressure washers. My mistake
                        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Except if you believe the box my Pressure Washer came in, it says otherwise!

I just bought a cheap garden hose for $5 from Home Depot, and I'm going to cut it shorter and see if it will **** water or not.

Richard

You know, I never caught that before. None of their Electric PW are rated at 2400 PSI so I guess maybe it's only for the gas pressure washers. My mistake
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                            Except if you believe the box my Pressure Washer came in, it says otherwise!

I just bought a cheap garden hose for $5 from Home Depot, and I'm going to cut it shorter and see if it will **** water or not.

Richard
                            COOL! Let us know how it works out
                            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

GB387 has the right idea about a waterbed attactment that fits to your kitchen sink,,you can run hot or cold water.Or how about just taken your wash mit, favorite car wash soap,and a chamois and just goin to a high power car wash for 2-3 bucks and washing it there.Me being lucky enought to have my own home and garage..i just take the hose reel in after every wash and it keeps the hose from freezing...........Thanks Rocco Z
                              RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');