• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UV Protection & Interior Products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV Protection & Interior Products.

Today I detailed up the interior with Quick Interior Detailer. While working on it I was wondering out of all the products I own which were rated better as far as UV Protection.

For Vinyl Care I currently have:

Quik Interior Detailer
    Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant
    NXT Generation Tech Protectant
    Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

For Leather I currenly have:

Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Last edited by Jeff Smith; Nov 28, 2005, 07:19 AM.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Re: UV Protection & Interior Products.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
    Today I detailed up the interior with Quick Interior Detailer. While working on it I was wondering out of all the products I own which were rated better as far as UV Protection.

For Vinyl Care I currently have:

Quik Interior Detailer
    Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant
    NXT Generation Tech Protectant
    Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

For Leather I currenly have:

Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Anybody have any feedback to offer as to which of the Interior product are better rated as far as UV protection goes? Looks are not so much a big deal to me as I like the look of all of them.
    Jeff Smith

Comment

I do know that Quik Interior Detailer has very little UV protection...

Here is a quote from Mike P.

This product is for light cleaning, but yes it does contain a light amount of UV protection to help protect interior surfaces as you use it. from this post
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Well, I think the first thing is which work better inside or out. The Nxt Protectant does not seem to last long outside, so it isnt going to do much, as opposed to a Gold CLass Trim Detailer which would.

As far as interior, the only big thing is that the QID is not going to be a good protectant. It may has some UV protectants, but like the exterior QD, it cleans but doesnt really leave anything much behind.

The Nxt Tech Protectant, Natural Shine, so on and so forth are goign to be better for protection.

For leather, I think the Gold Class works great. The only other option would be the 2-step cleaner and moisturizer. Since 2-step products are better than 1 usualy, this may give slightly better protection.

But it all depends on how often they are applied. The Gold CLass C&C applied weekly/monthly is going to be better than a separete conditioner applied yearly. Same with dashboard stuff.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          I do know that Quik Interior Detailer has very little UV protection...

Here is a quote from Mike P.
          Yep, I saw mike's post, as well as your review. All I needed this time around was the slight cleaning but like I said I was just curious as to the UV factor of the rest of what I had in the arsenal. One of these days I am going to have to decide on a product and the UV factor will be an important point for me to consider.

Right now I have so much stuff on hand I figure It will take me a year or 2 before I get close to using it all up.
          Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
            Well, I think the first thing is which work better inside or out. The Nxt Protectant does not seem to last long outside, so it isnt going to do much, as opposed to a Gold CLass Trim Detailer which would.

As far as interior, the only big thing is that the QID is not going to be a good protectant. It may has some UV protectants, but like the exterior QD, it cleans but doesnt really leave anything much behind.

The Nxt Tech Protectant, Natural Shine, so on and so forth are goign to be better for protection.

For leather, I think the Gold Class works great. The only other option would be the 2-step cleaner and moisturizer. Since 2-step products are better than 1 usualy, this may give slightly better protection.

But it all depends on how often they are applied. The Gold CLass C&C applied weekly/monthly is going to be better than a separete conditioner applied yearly. Same with dashboard stuff.
            I tried the Tech Protect about 2 interior details ago. Roughly 2 months. I liked it alot. But, I keep trying stuff to see what I get outta each. Hard to tell a producs UV strengths in 1-2 applications. I try to detail my entire interior once a month. I do vacuum and clean the windows weekly though. I also use the leaf blower on my interior as well. I use that as it does a great job of pushing the dirt out of those tight places you can't get into with the vacumm cleaner. But I only do this prior to a cmplete interior detail as it does dust things up a bit.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');