• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did not watch the weather report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did not watch the weather report

Ok pretty lame move... but I did not watch the weather report (dont really watch TV).... got the car clayed, #80, #81, and began the NXT. I got coat #1 on about 1/2 the car..... wife got sick and it was dark so I was going to finish this morning..... woke up to rain.

So half the car has 1 coat of NXT... the other no NXT. Car is kept outside as my garage serves as a boat-hotel. So needless to say it is getting rained on as I type :-(.

I have vowed to not drive the vehicle until the process is completed. Once the rain stops I was thinking I would wash very lightly and finish the NXT wax. Is this the right thing? Any suggestions from the experts here....

Plan was to finish out with 2 coats of NXT this morning.
    Jeremy
    Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
    Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
    Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
    Folsom, Ca

That happened to me before. Yes just wash carefully, dry thproughly and wax. Makes sure you overlap your previous waxing to make sure it is uniform and complete in coverage.
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Hey,

Not a problem! Just re-wash the car and apply the NXT Tech Wax.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I agree on everything the guys have stated so far. Re wash then wax. If for somestragne reason you can't re-wax ASAP after the rain stops. After you wash it you might want to look for water spots just in case. You'll likely not find any but if you do you can hit them with a QD. It will not hurt anything and at least this will give you the opportunity to visually inpect the rest of the finish before you seal it over with a wax.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

thanks everyone for your input here. Very appreciated
          Jeremy
          Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
          Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
          Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
          Folsom, Ca

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');