• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner...

Based on this review I picked up some #39 this weekend to use on my neglected XR4Ti. I bought the car without an engine and it sat for about 6 years after I purchased it without a cleaning. The interior vinyl is pretty dirty and #40 was unable to get it clean. I have just performed a test section at this point, but I can't wait to attack the rest of the interior with these kind of results.

It's pretty obvious, but left side is before and right side is after. I applied the #39 directly to the panel and used a fingernail brush to agitate the cleaner and a terry cloth towel to wipe clean. No protectant has been applied in this picture.

1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
    1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
    1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Interesting car you have there, the 1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo, it had what they called the Bi-Plane wings on the back,

Here's stock,

You going to put an engine in it and put it back on the road?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by BenP View Post
        ...quite simply, rocks.

Take one disgusting Merc interior, add #39 and a nail brush, and see the difference for yourself.

I quite simply could not be without this product - well done Meg's

Ben
        Ben...is that a Meguiar's brush on the seat? It looks nifty...but I have never seen it before. Is it one of the special discontinued models? (Hope not!)

Comment

I have the same paint brush looking brush (the one with the M on it ), there is a slide that locks to make the bristles shorter and more stiffer, I believe it's discontinued and the other brush, not sure if it's Meguiars or not.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

That is a disgusting interior. #39 is a great product. I always use it on a first time detail. This makes sure there is no other protectorant or dirt. Works so good. Very easy to use.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
              I have the same paint brush looking brush (the one with the M on it ), there is a slide that locks to make the bristles shorter and more stiffer.
              How much you want for it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Interesting car you have there, the 1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo, it had what they called the Bi-Plane wings on the back,

Here's stock,

You going to put an engine in it and put it back on the road?

It actually looked exactly like that when it was stock. It now has an engine in it and it's back on the road. I had a few issues with the valvetrain when I got it running about a year ago. Took several months to get it figure out, but it's running great now.

I haven't decided if I am going to bring my XR4Ti to the October 30th class or my Mercedes 560 SEC. The SEC needs help more than the XR4Ti, but it isn't currently driveable. It needs a hydraulic suspension hose and tires before I can drive it.

Just after #83 and #26.

1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  How much you want for it
                  Mark,

I just bought one of those brushes, a couple of months ago, from a local parts store. Along with a pet hair brush and a wheel brush (all Meg's). Next time I'm by the store I'll see if they have any more.

Brock
                  Last edited by RogueGypsy; Oct 14, 2008, 10:22 AM. Reason: can't spell
                  Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I have tried many rubber/vinyl cleaners over the years and this is by far the best I have ever used. I used it to clean wax laden exterior rubber and it worked so quickly and easily I didn't realize it had done it's job.

Even out did repeated 50/50 water/alcohol scrub.

It is truly the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');