• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaino Z2Pro vs Meguiar's #16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to know why sealants don't work as well on the Nissan. Is it the age of the paint? It it the type of paint?

I thought both sections of the hood looked pretty good right after you applied the products.

Maybe you should do the same test on the Aurora and compare the two products. It would be interesting.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I don't know what exactly it is about the Nissan's paint. It is a 1995, and the paint has seen better days. The clear is bubbled in a few places, though it hasn't gotten noticeably worse in the last 4-5 years. It doesnt' have a lot of gloss or reflection on its own, if you clean it up, reflections are fairly fuzzy. Most of the gloss/shine comes from whatever you put on it, though the paint is not chalky or dull.

I could try the Aurora, but I'm not so interested in making it a test bed. Right now I want a product that is easy, looks decent, and lasts well. I'm using Klasse currently as it fits the bill. I've thought about going back to Blackfire, but it's just not that easy to apply.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40

I could try the Aurora, but I'm not so interested in making it a test bed. Right now I want a product that is easy, looks decent, and lasts well.

I'm using Klasse currently as it fits the bill. I've thought about going back to Blackfire, but it's just not that easy to apply.
        Is that Klasse SG or AIO?

I'm assuming SG as it is the pure sealant and AIO is a cleaner/wax but I want to check to make sure.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Is that Klasse SG or AIO?

I'm assuming SG as it is the pure sealant and AIO is a cleaner/wax but I want to check to make sure.
          I use them both. AIO is a nice prep product, it's chemical and not abrasive, or at least not overly abrasive, so it gets the Aurora in nice shape. Then I applied SG several times on top of that over about a week or two.

I like AIO a lot, it actually reminds me of MPPC a bit, except it leaves some protection behind. But they are similarly easy to use and remove, and both do a nice job of chemical cleaning. On the 'vette I use AIO prior to Zaino as I find the whole many washes/wipedowns/Z1/ZFX stuff of Zaino to be sort of crazy.

The Aurora hasn't been washed in weeks, is fairly salty, and still beads like crazy when it rains.

On another forum people seemed sort of skeptical of the results (only now that the results are in, of course), so I'll probably try this again with some ZFX-enabled Z2 Pro. We'll see how that goes... This is providing I can get my solid ZFX replaced for free, I'm not gonna shell out another $20 for the stuff.
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');