• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White road paint removal from carf paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White road paint removal from carf paint

I had a client of mine cintact me saying they ran over those dreaded white road lines while being painted( you know the trucks you follow that say STAY OFF LINE!!) lol and got splatter all over the passenger side and inside the wheel well. Which is the best to remove this without harming the paint or wheel wells? I've never ran into the road paint issue yet. I do believe it is recent within a month, so it's not been on there a long time. I do have some Stoner tarminator, would that be worth a shot or does someone have another good fix??

Her car is a Dark blue Dodge Caravan!
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: White road paint removal from carf paint

Had a co-worker use Goof Off and a fair bit of scrubbing. I'm sure it left marring behind though, but he didnt care...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

wow carf paint? lol nice spelling there myself! As well as cintact intead on contact. That's what I get not paying attention to spelling, lol.

I do have goof off, tarminator and wd-40.

Comment

Wd should pull it but if not some lacquer thinner will or 3m General adhesive remover will take care of it as well.
        Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Originally posted by Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing View Post
          I had a client of mine cintact me saying they ran over those dreaded white road lines while being painted( you know the trucks you follow that say STAY OFF LINE!!) lol and got splatter all over the passenger side and inside the wheel well. Which is the best to remove this without harming the paint or wheel wells? I've never ran into the road paint issue yet. I do believe it is recent within a month, so it's not been on there a long time. I do have some Stoner tarminator, would that be worth a shot or does someone have another good fix??

Her car is a Dark blue Dodge Caravan!
          I got a good dose of fresh yellow paint all over one side of my car doors windows trim the whole kit and caboodle - after I stopped crying(im serious I wept)I went at it UD on the wet area's then as the sun came up (don't ask)I realized the full extent of the mess and started at it with a power hose and power soap -finally got down to the stubburn stuff which was holding on to the trim like alien nanites and used Varsol was nervous as hell but it took the **** of and did not damage anything - now the bad news it took 3 days for 30% of a Ford Escape.

Comment

I'd go with lacquerer thinner. That paint is like plastic. One WW will take you hours to clean.
            Good luck.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Now I gotta figure out what the heck to charge her, lol Maybe by hour or one flat rate no matter how long. Hmmm decisions decisions. It wouldn't be so bad if I had done the polish and wax this year, but her van was done last year. Bah

Comment

$150ish? you'll know after the first WW how to get the job then and by the forth one you'll be an expert.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I may have her drive it to work, since she's a co-worker. It's her moms van. And maybe at lunch I can plop a few things on it during lunch to see if anything knocks it off. I don't want it to go too long without me fixing it, it'll only be harder to remove the longer it's on there. Problem to Is I'll be out of town this week from July 11th - 16th. I should have asked her to drive it to work tomorrow, DOH. lol

Oh well. We'll see. Oh yeah what does WW stand for? Still learning online acronyms, lol

Comment

Stoner's Xenit.

This was recommended by Mike Phillips last week. I (personally) don't have experience using it.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing View Post
                      ........ I don't want it to go too long without me fixing it........
                      It's already bonded, waiting any longer wont effect it. That paint it quick drying, it's already rock hard

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thank you for the positive reinforcement, lol Look it's always wishfull thinking The woman I work with said her mom is bringing the van by tonight for me to look at and said don't give her a discount, she should have stayed off the line, lol. She's aware it's going to take some oomph to get if off, so they're willing to pay for it. She said her mom asked about "that guy" the detailed my van last year, lol. She's a good gal though.

Anyone thanks to all for the info and tips. I'll will see what actually removes it and get back to you all. It'll be almost 2 weeks before I get to it since I'll be gone.

Comment

Which Xenit? There is a foam version and a natural citrus version.

Also here are some pictures of the traffic line paint on the vehicle. Way worse than I thought. I figured some minor splatter down the sides, but it's literally caked on at the fenders ends. Like hard risen icing.

Passengers Side

Rear behind tire

Rear In Front of Tire

Front qtr in front of tire

Front qtr behind tire

Comment

nice!
                            Xenit won't budge that stuff.
                            Your going to have to literally chisel it off and then deal with the marks you make.
                            I'd go with Lacquerer thinner a plastic putty knife or the like. Maybe even a metal one but that's your call.
                            Chemicals will only soften this plastic paint up then you'll have to remove it by force.
                            I wouldn't worry about the Wheel Wells and concentrate on the paint.
                            Paint the WW black with plastic paint. that will eliminate the white and make it look good. but that's a cheap fix.
                            Do you have a steamer? Or rent one that might be a good choice too.
                            Or ever power wash it for and hour or so.
                            That's all I've got.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Yes I was going to mention my steamer and hit it with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');