• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Degreaser as a APC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Degreaser as a APC?

Hi guys,

Cant find Megs APC around here locally, but can get the Super Degreaser....can I still use it like APC as long as I dilute it enough, say 10:1 or 20:1 or more? How should I use it on the engine? Is it safe on aluminum intakes, the paint inside the engine bay, hoses etc? And what procedure might be best? Thx very much
    John 3:16

Re: Super Degreaser as a APC?

For the Engine Bay I use it 4:1.
    I wet the engine bay down with water, then spray Super Degreaser
    Let it sit for a minute or two and agitate.
    Then rinse.

I would not use it as an APC.
    You can buy APC at Auto Detailing Solutions.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by NVCobra View Post
      Hi guys,

Cant find Megs APC around here locally, but can get the Super Degreaser....can I still use it like APC as long as I dilute it enough, say 10:1 or 20:1 or more?
      Don't use Super Degreaser as an All Purpose Cleaner, take the time to get the right product for the job.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thx for the replies guys,

What could I use for a safe APC alternative? Going to detail engine bay, but it is mostly dusty not grimey. thx

Comment

thx for the replies guys,

What could I use for a safe APC alternative? Going to detail engine bay, but it is mostly dusty not grimey. thx
          I would honestly just try and get some APC or APC Plus. You really cannot replace an All Purpose Cleaner for Super Degreaser. APC cleans interiors, engines, carpets, tires, wheelwells very safely. Super Degreaser is a lot stronger and can stain paint even.

The best thing to do is order a gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and the compliant bottle and sprayer head.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            I would honestly just try and get some APC or APC Plus. You really cannot replace an All Purpose Cleaner for Super Degreaser. APC cleans interiors, engines, carpets, tires, wheelwells very safely. Super Degreaser is a lot stronger and can stain paint even.

The best thing to do is order a gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and the compliant bottle and sprayer head.
            cant really replace APC, and when you get it you will be very glad you did with all the multiple things you can do with it

Comment

Are you comfortable ordering online? A lot of members (including myself) buy APC or APC+ from a website called www.AutoDetailingSolutions.com

The prices are very fair, the service is great, and Rick (owner) ships it out ASAP.

Comment

Ok Megs APC it is then, thx guys. Ive posted another thread asking does anyone know any specific dealers around my area that carry it. Ive tried the store/product locator page but those places only carry waxes and quik detailers etc. Any Ideas how to track APC down around here(Middletown Ohio, 45042)?? I would order but im real strapped for time, this weekend would be perfect if i could find some. Thx again.

Comment

Ok Megs APC it is then, thx guys. Ive posted another thread asking does anyone know any specific dealers around my area that carry it. Ive tried the store/product locator page but those places only carry waxes and quik detailers etc. Any Ideas how to track APC down around here(Middletown Ohio, 45042)?? I would order but im real strapped for time, this weekend would be perfect if i could find some. Thx again.
                  I did reply to your other thread. You may have to go online but my answer gives options.....
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Ok Nappers thx, think I found some around here!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');