• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ULW and Trim Plastic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULW and Trim Plastic...

Getting ready put the first coat of wax on my wife's new Escape, which has a lot of trim plastic. I have been reading that ULW will not haze plastic.

So to the people who are using ULW are you using miles of blue tape or just going naked and wiping off the excess... Ok that may sound strange anywhere else but here

Thnaks

When I use ULW I do not tape off any trim. I only tape off trim when I am compounding, polishing, or using something other than ULW. It will not stain your trim at all.

Comment

Re: ULW and Trim Plastic...

This is one reason I like Ultimate liquid wax so much, I can get it all over the place and everything looks good.

make sure you apply it thinly or else you will have problems removing it.

Comment

Originally posted by renegadejade View Post
        When I use ULW I do not tape off any trim. I only tape off trim when I am compounding, polishing, or using something other than ULW. It will not stain your trim at all.
        I do the same.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Not only does it NOT stain the plastic, but it works WELL on plastic.

I first tried UW Liquid on my 'bumpy' mirrors heads (as a dare to myself) just to see...WOW!

What (or is that the 'way') I do is after waxing (using a DA) I just take the pad and go over ALL the plastic, then wipe off. Using the left over wax from the pad ensures a truly 'thin application'.

Bill

Comment

IMHO, either ULW or UQW make for a better exterior trim protectant than many dedicated trim products. They both provide long lasting protection, a nice even sheen, no streaking and they don't leave runs down the paint when it gets rained on. When I use either, they get applied to all exterior parts of the car except for rubber. Paint, glass, headlights & taillights, aluminum, chrome & stainless and vinyl & plastic whether smooth or textured, all get treated. These are very versatile products.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');