• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Meguiar's Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G'day from Meguiar's Australia

Originally posted by Wilco View Post
    Alex, or anyone who has the G220, does it come with procedures on how to use it? or a video tutorial? cuz i kinda dont wanna get it wrong and achieve swirl-mania instead of gloss-mania.

and wot about the type of foam pads? n00b at g220 here.
    The initial shipments came with two 8006 Softbuff Foam Polishing Pad for DA which were provided free from Meguiars Australia. It comes with basic instructions on use. You can find more detailed tips and videos here to guide you depending on what you are wanting to achieve.
    Cheers
    The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Originally posted by professorsabre View Post
      Okay bluey & buddy89 check your pm's
      Cheers
      Done. Thanks

Comment

The initial shipments came with two 8006 Softbuff Foam Polishing Pad for DA which were provided free from Meguiars Australia. It comes with basic instructions on use. You can find more detailed tips and videos here to guide you depending on what you are wanting to achieve.
        Cheers
        What about the Meguiars DVD, is that available in Oz? I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

what Meguiar's DVD???

news to me....

Comment

Originally posted by MotorActive View Post
            what Meguiar's DVD???

news to me....
            Check this link http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...ailing_dvd.htm

Turns out it's not a Meguiars DVD as such, but is hosted and written by Mike Phillips and he is using Meguiars products.

Can we get hold of it?

Comment

Originally posted by bluey View Post
              Check this link http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...ailing_dvd.htm

Turns out it's not a Meguiars DVD as such, but is hosted and written by Mike Phillips and he is using Meguiars products.

Can we get hold of it?
              Not available in Australia and unfortunalty ADS doesn't ship outside the USA, wish they did because there's a heap of stuff I'd like to get my hands on that's not available here.

I purchased the dvd from ShowCarDetailing It's about 2 1/2 hour long and picked up some great tips.
              If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Not available in Australia and unfortunalty ADS doesn't ship outside the USA, wish they did because there's a heap of stuff I'd like to get my hands on that's not available here.

I purchased the dvd from ShowCarDetailing It's about 2 1/2 hour long and picked up some great tips.
                Thanks Prof
                May have to go the same way myself.

Comment

hello alex, maybe thats wot megs australia should sell, cuz im sure alot of ppl would loooove to buy it.

showcardetailing website is down for some reason. will have to wait, though i'll be getting it asap when it comes back.

cheers
                  Regards, Wilco
                  There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

hey dude

just wondering, how did u purchase that dvd from that store?
                    just wondering cuz i couldnt do it via the web. did u contact the store specifically and asked them to post it to you individually?

cheers
                    Regards, Wilco

Comment

Originally posted by Wilco View Post
                      hey dude

just wondering, how did u purchase that dvd from that store?
                      just wondering cuz i couldnt do it via the web. did u contact the store specifically and asked them to post it to you individually?

cheers
                      I purchased it from their web store. If you click on ShowCarDetailing in my post it links directly to the dvd store location. I just tried it again and works for me. What happens when you click on the link?

Comment

I purchased it from their web store. If you click on ShowCarDetailing in my post it links directly to the dvd store location. I just tried it again and works for me. What happens when you click on the link?

oh, i cant order it mainly because i have an invalid post code, so it wont continue the transaction. how did u get past that stage?
                        Regards, Wilco

Comment

I didn't have any problems like that. I did register on their site first. I don't know if that makes a difference or not though.
                          Went to try it to see if I get this problem you're describing but the e-shop seems to be down.
                          Register on the the site and see if that helps. Wouldn't hurt to try.
                          Cheers.

Comment

well, the g220 is in australia, and i ordered mine as soon as alex gave me a call.

all those hours of detailing by hand will be GONE!

i didnt know how expensive the w8006's were in aust, a substantial investment if one was to purchase more than 2 - but all worth it . the results will be anyway!
                            Regards, Wilco

Comment

Yeah, I went and picked mine up last week, and I just used it for the first time on the weekend. Absolutely loved it, though i must say it's still quite time consuming if you're removing swirls, which was what I was trying to do. My waxing time was cut in half though!

A very good investment and awesome results - very happy with my purchase...
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Guys if you're still interested in the Grit Guards and Buckets I sent you a link to Dave from Waxit, he now has more competitive pricing on noth and flat rate shipping of AUD12.50 to anywhere in Australia. Also if you enter DP5 in the coupon code area at checkout you get 10% discount.
                                Cheers.
                                Last edited by angeloabbattista; Dec 9, 2008, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');