• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars 3" Microfiber cutting pads with DA Power System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars 3" Microfiber cutting pads with DA Power System?

Hello!

Has anyone tried to use the Microfiber pads with the DA System? Have some bad swirling I really want to get rid of. Thanks!

Re: Meguiars 3" Microfiber cutting pads with DA Power System?

Good question! I'm sure somebody has.

I'd be interested to see how it performs...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I tried the cutting pad on the rear panel of a Nissan Sentra dark blue with Ultimate Compound. It must be my technique, but I made many passes, and put moderate pressure with slow arm movement, but the defect it had would NOT come off.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDetailer View Post
        I tried the cutting pad on the rear panel of a Nissan Sentra dark blue with Ultimate Compound. It must be my technique, but I made many passes, and put moderate pressure with slow arm movement, but the defect it had would NOT come off.
        Hey KidDetailer, what defect was it? Was it a deep scratch?

Comment

If you refer to my review here:
          http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...stem&highlight=

I was able to 3000g sanding marks using orange pad + D300.
          And I agree that by using MF cutting pads with the DA Power System, you will achieve even more cutting than standard foam pads.
          And if you read through the comments from Mr. Stoops, you can see that his opinion on using MF cutting pads with the DA Power System.

Hope that helps.
          Dennis
          Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Yes you can.
            The DAPS is just a small DA powered by a drill.
            So any pad combination can work with it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Duffmancantbreathe View Post
              Hey KidDetailer, what defect was it? Was it a deep scratch?
              It was not a deep scratch but a WHOLE ROW of swirl's and light scratches that was by the trunk area where people usually "pull luggages" on. It was that painted section of the rear bumper where the DA Power system 3 inch pad would fit nicely over because the surface was about that size. I varied my arm speed from both quick to very slow and also my arm pressure. I believe I went through it with 8 passes at least. That defect would come out maybe if I tried another 16 passes.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');