• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying Deep Crystal Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Deep Crystal Polish

When applying Deep Crystal Polish to aclean finish I have read in the forum to work it in to get into the pores of the paint finish. Is it possible to work it in too much and cause damage to the finish? I guess what I am trying to find out is how long is enough using a PC to work the polish before removing?

Re: Applying Deep Crystal Polish

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish is a non-abrasive pure polish, see this thread for clarification between a cleaner/polish and a pure polish.

The 5 Step Paint Care Cycle

The idea being to apply the product, work it well over the paint and into the paint to whatever level this is possible as some paints are more porous than others, by the way clear coats paints are not porous, or at least they are not very porous when they are new, as in a new car or a new paint job.

Usually 2-3 passes over each square inch by hand or machine is the correct procedure and then wipe any excess product off.

With a DA polisher, usually a speed setting around the 4.0 setting works pretty well with a W-8006 polishing pad.

Hope this helps...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the reply mike. I will try it and see the results.

Comment

Speed setting of 4 with a W-8006 pad, do you use a mf bonnet as well?

Comment

Yea I do. Actually I have 3

Comment

Mike or anyone, can you tell me what qualifies as a "pass?" One stroke, back and forth?

Comment

Originally posted by MBA-J View Post
              Mike or anyone, can you tell me what qualifies as a "pass?" One stroke, back and forth?
              One stroke in one direction.

In the swimming world, there are "Laps" and "Lengths", if you swim from one end of the pool to the other end of the pool, that's a "Length", if you swim to one end of the pool and back to the other end, (where you started), that's a "Lap".

One stroke is one length

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by ahooah48444 View Post
                Speed setting of 4 with a W-8006 pad, do you use a mf bonnet as well?
                Speed setting 4.0 is good, usually bonnets work best for removing waxes because waxes dry making wipe off by hand or machine easier.

Pure polishes are not supposed to dry, there is no benefit to letting a pure polish dry the benefit comes from the product being applied, once it has been applied and work in and over the paint, then you immediately wipe it off. This being true, the the pure polish will likely still be wet/most but not dry, what this mean is if you try to remove it with a bonnet on a DA Polisher is that the bonnet will become wet with product and it just won't work as well as your hand quickly and easily turning to a dry side of a wiping cloth.

FWIW

p.s.

From the Hot Topics forum,

Which products need to dry before removing?

When it comes to paint care, often times we'll have members post to our forum, which products and procedures they're using to detail their car. In the process they'll mention how long they let products like ScratchX, or Deep Crystal Polish, or #7 Show Car Glaze, or M80 Speed Glaze dry before they removed it.

A common question that comes up often on our forum and over at our Customer Care Hotline is,
                • "How long should I let a paint cleaner dry?"

or

"How long should I let a polish dry?"
                This is a common mistake and/or misconception about these non-wax products, or in other words product meant to leave protection behind on the finish after removal. With this article, we hope to shed some light on this topic and clear up any confusion there may be on which products need to dry before removing them from the paint.

When working inside the Meguiar's line of product, whether that's our Consumer Line, our Professional Line, or even our Mold Release Line, the only products that need to dry, and the only products you should allow to dry are our waxes.

All other products are formulated and meant to be applied, worked-in and then removed immediately afterwards. This would include,
                • Compounds
                • Paint Cleaners
                • Cleaner/Polishes
                • Pure Polishes
                All Meguiar's waxes should be applied, worked-in and then allowed to dry until they pass the Swipe Test.

This would include all Meguiar's paste waxes, liquid waxes and even our spray-on waxes.

We hope this helps...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');