• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Solvent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Solvent question

Has anyone that has used Body Solvent gotten good results from it? I've used it three times and it won't remove bugs or tar and that's the reason I bought it. I ended up having to use another foam bug and tar remover. I was hoping it would work since it can be bought in bulk but I haven't had any luck with it.

Mike Harris
    Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
    ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Re: Body Solvent question

You'll notice no-one replies if something doesnt work

I'm yet to find a use for this

Comment

Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
      You'll notice no-one replies if something doesnt work

I'm yet to find a use for this
      I noticed that so I'm guessing that no one has either tried it or it just doesn't work period. So I'm stuck with a gal of something that doesn't work.

Mike

Comment

It certainly seems to be a rare product, at least for consumers.

Incidently, how did you apply it?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          It certainly seems to be a rare product, at least for consumers.

Incidently, how did you apply it?
          You spray it on and let it soak then the bugs/tar is supposed to wipe right off. But, it doesn't work.

Mike

Comment

I use it, it's not that strong like a spray on wipe off product. You have spray it on and let it sit a while. If I am washing a car, I will spray the areas and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, come back and wash it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
              I use it, it's not that strong like a spray on wipe off product. You have spray it on and let it sit a while. If I am washing a car, I will spray the areas and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, come back and wash it.

Tom
              I've sprayed, let it set for 15 minutes and reapplied and it still wouldn't hardly take anything off.

Mike

Comment

For bugs, you might be better suited using APC and letting it sit for a few minutes, then washing. I have some Tar remover from PRO called POWER-SOL that's very strong and great for tar. I kind of have to pic and choose in applications on what to use.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by mh68 View Post
                  I noticed that so I'm guessing that no one has either tried it or it just doesn't work period. So I'm stuck with a gal of something that doesn't work.

Mike
                  We could start the 'International wasted money on Body Solvent and are stuck with a gallon club'

I even spent the extra on the matching spray bottle and chem sprayer

Comment

I've had good results with the Body Solvent on tar. I spray it on and let it soak in for at least 15 to 20 minutes and the tar wipes right off the paint. I've found the key is to letting it soak for a while. It does not work on bugs though. The Body Solvent works best at removing petroleum based products. That is my experience.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
                      We could start the 'International wasted money on Body Solvent and are stuck with a gallon club'

I even spent the extra on the matching spray bottle and chem sprayer
                      Same here. Sounds like an idea!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                        I've had good results with the Body Solvent on tar. I spray it on and let it soak in for at least 15 to 20 minutes and the tar wipes right off the paint. I've found the key is to letting it soak for a while. It does not work on bugs though. The Body Solvent works best at removing petroleum based products. That is my experience.
                        I haven't had any luck with tar either.

Mike

Comment

Any of you guys want to buy a new unopened gallon of Body Solvent? I have an extra (my order was doubled when it got shipped) and a new bottle/sprayer I'll sell for $25 + shipping.

Mike

Comment

I pretty much do the same thing. Before I wash the car I spray the whole lower section of the car & let it sit while I clean the engine. By the time I get to washing the car the solvent has sat long enough to easily remove any tar.

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post

Tom
                            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mh68 View Post
                              You spray it on and let it soak then the bugs/tar is supposed to wipe right off. But, it doesn't work.

Mike
                              Mike, you could always call Meguiars customer care and tell them you are not satisfied with the product, they may be able to help you out in one form or another since I think they have a satisfaction guarantee.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');