• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber leaving lint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber leaving lint

Hey everyone, just a quick question.. does anyone have a suggestion for microfiber towels that won't leave lint on the paint after polishing and/or waxing? Having the same issue on the glass as well. I bought what I thought were nice towels from Chemical Guys and The Rag Company but they leave tons of lint, especially the happy ending towel. It's pretty irritating and seems really counterproductive

Re: Microfiber leaving lint

Originally posted by Pdiddy81 View Post
    Hey everyone, just a quick question.. does anyone have a suggestion for microfiber towels that won't leave lint on the paint after polishing and/or waxing? Having the same issue on the glass as well. I bought what I thought were nice towels from Chemical Guys and The Rag Company but they leave tons of lint, especially the happy ending towel. It's pretty irritating and seems really counterproductive
    I never had any issues with Meguiars X2020 - even new ones of the shelves

Comment

Had this on a few of my latest Meg towels.

Not happy, and looking for another quality towel. Always rated Megs towels. Shame!

Rappy.

Comment

I like to iron them out with a lint roller to pull out loose fibers after coming from the washing/drying cycle. Helps cut down on the linting left behind.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I never even considered a lint roller

I will give that a shot and see if that helps, thanks

Comment

all my towels I wash in cold water with only other MF towels used for the car with a pre-soak, wash, and extra rinse at the end. Everything hang dries afterwards. Ive found that the lint is more a dryer issue from all the other clothes dried. No matter how much I cleaned the lint tray, I would always have build up. Since air drying, no lint ever

Hope this helps !

Comment

Originally posted by twisty roads View Post
              all my towels I wash in cold water with only other MF towels used for the car with a pre-soak, wash, and extra rinse at the end. Everything hang dries afterwards. Ive found that the lint is more a dryer issue from all the other clothes dried. No matter how much I cleaned the lint tray, I would always have build up. Since air drying, no lint ever

Hope this helps !
              What's ironic about your suggestion is I actually took my handheld vacuum and vacuumed out my dryer the other day, thinking that may be part of my problem. But I realized later that it's not foreign lint, but rather lint from the microfiber towels themselves. I can shake them violently and tons of fibers/lint come flying off everywhere. And that's the lint that is sticking to the car after a polish/wax

Comment

Originally posted by Pdiddy81 View Post
                What's ironic about your suggestion is I actually took my handheld vacuum and vacuumed out my dryer the other day, thinking that may be part of my problem. But I realized later that it's not foreign lint, but rather lint from the microfiber towels themselves. I can shake them violently and tons of fibers/lint come flying off everywhere. And that's the lint that is sticking to the car after a polish/wax
                Im at a loss then. The only times my MF towels have collected foreign objects in them is when I washed them with other items like other towels. I will say that once MF clings onto something, it can be a nightmare to truly clean (I usually throw them away if they get contaminated). I wash my cars (4 of them) every week. I probably get about a year out of them if I categorize them. If I don't, they get soiled quickly and they get thrown away in at least half that time.

How old are your towels? How soiled are they? What do you use them for (drying, wheels, paint correction, all the above)?

I keep my interior towels separated from my wash towels (rinseless wash predominately), separated from my wheel towels, and then my correction towels. Even my wash towels are bundled into 3 categories of new, kinda new, and old (olds become wheel towels eventually). When I wash them, I keep them in their respective categories as well. It is a bit daunting but trying to prevent cross-contamination has helped A LOT. I wash with fragrance free detergent and a couple caps full of ONR

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');