• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Degreaser as a tire cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Degreaser as a tire cleaner

Super Degreaser is great, but nothing Beats Wesley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
      I use it for every detail I do, even on my own car.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Have you tried Super Degreaser? In all fairness, What other degreasers have you tried to say Wesleys is the best???
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          Have you tried Super Degreaser? In all fairness, What other degreasers have you tried to say Wesleys is the best???
          I asked you previously the same question as Nick just did, and in all fairness, I too would like to hear what products you have tried. How about a picture of them....?

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I've tried both, and they both work great, however I feel that Bleche White is a much stronger solution, so I tend to stay away from it.

When I have mud and dirt on my tires, I tend to go with using APC+ at first to clean that off, rinse it, then hit it up with some Super Degreaser 4:1 to remove any left over grime.

When it comes to cleaning tires, I've spent a lot of time on it (35 inch ProComp Xtreme A/T 's are a pain in the butt to clean from all the grooves on the outer tread, but they are well worth it in their performance and looks) and I will agree with the OP that Super Degreaser is a great tire cleaner (one of the best out there)

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I saw the TV ad for Eagle1 A2Z tire & wheel cleaner and got a couple of spray bottles and they worked fairly well. The drawback is the expense.

So I took an empty A2Z sprayer and filled it with SDG around 8:1 and it foams on and starts lifting the crud out of the rubber just like the A2Z commercial.

Works well on painted/clear coated wheels as long as it's just fresh brake dust. I do one wheel at a time and hose off immediately after a max 20-40 second working time before rinsing. I'm going to increase the dilution to eventually arrive at the max bang for the buck ratio.

Comment

What do you guys think of APC+ as tire cleaner? I am thinking of picking up a gallon.

Comment

APC/APC+ is a very good alternative to Super Degreaser when you don't have something like the above situation. For regular "maintenance" cleaning, APC/APC+ work great. For the heavy-duty, nitty gritty, Super Degreaser.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have tried:

NXT Wheel Cleaner: WAS a great cleaner for weekly washes
                    EagleOne Tire Cleaner: Works well for a consumer product
                    APC/APC+: Works Awesome, Doesn't come across very strong, inexpensive.
                    Super Degreaser:Also works awesome, Stronger, but not overpowering.
                    Wesley's: Works the best on White Walls/Lettering, VERY Strong, overpowering

* I have also tried Menzerna, Griot's, Zaino,and Blackfire. They also work great, but for the price/quality/quanity. Super Degreaser and Wesley's is still the way to go!

I think nothing beats wesley's on White lettering and such. Sorry I came across like it's the only good degreaser? The Topic Creator's tires had white lettering on them.

Super Degreaser is nicely priced and I love getting the Economy Pint Size of wesley's at my auto store
                    Matt

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have tried:

* I have also tried Menzerna, Griot's, Zaino,and Blackfire. They also work great, but for the price/quality/quanity. Super Degreaser and Wesley's is still the way to go!

I think nothing beats wesley's on White lettering and such. Sorry I came across like it's the only good degreaser? The Topic Creator's tires had white lettering on them.

Super Degreaser is nicely priced and I love getting the Economy Pint Size of wesley's at my auto store
                      Really? Eagle One Tire Cleaner...interesting since it has been discontinued for 5-6 years. How about showing a picture of your bottle?? What does it smell like it? What is the color of the liquid? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I find it difficult to believe that you found that it only "works well"....

Zaino has a tire cleaner? Really? Last time I spoke with Sal he did not mention that. How about a picture of that product and perhaps one of *all* of your tire cleaning products or otherwise... It would be nice to see what a such a young guy would have amassed for detailing supplies...

By the way...Zaino does not make a tire cleaner....

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                        Really? Eagle One Tire Cleaner...interesting since it has been discontinued for 5-6 years. How about showing a picture of your bottle?? What does it smell like it? What is the color of the liquid? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I find it difficult to believe that you found that it only "works well"....

Zaino has a tire cleaner? Really? Last time I spoke with Sal he did not mention that. How about a picture of that product and perhaps one of *all* of your tire cleaning products or otherwise... It would be nice to see what a such a young guy would have amassed for detailing supplies...

By the way...Zaino does not make a tire cleaner....

Tim
                        I was referring to Zaino's Wash/Cleaner. I know it's not a Tire Cleaner.

But, You'd be surprised how well it works on all surfaces with simply a wheel brush compared to other car washes.

Eagle1: I have been washing cars since I was 8 years old. I remember buying their wax as you dry back in the day . I don't I took pictures of everything like I do now

Not sure why I am getting almost personally attacked Tim. It's almost like you don't believe me? Have you been to my website

Also, has anyone tried Black Magic's new Tire Cleaner Spray?
                        Matt

Comment

But, You'd be surprised how well it works on all surfaces with simply a wheel brush compared to other car washes.

Eagle1: I have been washing cars since I was 8 years old. I remember buying their wax as you dry back in the day . I don't I took pictures of everything like I do now

Not sure why I am getting almost personally attacked Tim. It's almost like you don't believe me? Have you been to my website

Are you referring to Zaino Z7 Show Car Wash? I have several bottles of it....

In a conversation regarding tire cleaners, somehow comparing an extremely mild car wash solution with strong chemical cleaners is a little misleading... A car wash soap that is designed not to remove wax on painted surfaces compared to tire cleaners which are designed to remove road grime, used dressings, tar etc....see what I mean???

The Eagle One Tire Cleaner is a specific product designed for cleaning tires and is not a "wax as you dry product". If you used it when you were 8 years old, how do you remember how well it worked? Point being, unless you are referring to the actual product, and have had something to compare it against at the time, your comment is again, misleading.

My point is simple, if you are making comments about particular products, you need to be discussing the actual product and not one you think is similar or otherwise. All information on MOL must be accurate and suggesting/implying to people that you have tried a Zaino "tire cleaner" when in fact you were using their car wash soap and then compare it to Super Degreaser (an engine degreaser!) or other strong cleaners, is extremely misleading.

There is no personal attack, but rather a correction of your misinformation. I have looked at your website and see that you are making a very good attempt at entering into the detailing world! Keep at it!

Tim

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have tried:

There is no such thing as NXT Wheel Cleaner, are you referring to the discontinued NXT Tire Cleaner? I have a few cans of this left and only use it on special occasions. Any chance you could show us just to let us know we are on the same page? since I am pretty sure there is no such thing as NXT Wheel Cleaner???

The original topic of this thread was Super Degreaser being used as a tire cleaner. In all fairness, you shouldnt be comparing a quality car wash shampoo designed not to strip wax from the finish of your vechile to a degreaser such as Super Degreaser or even Bleche Wesleys Tire Cleaner, just as Tim has already stated.

What does Eagle One Wax as your dry have to do with this? Not sure how it relates to Super Degreaser, or any other degreaser for that matter.

You have been detailing since eight years old as well? I just think that it isnt all that good for misleading and inaccurate info to be posted on MOL and its best to try and be as prudent in your comments as possible.
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I do not see any kind of personal attack here, in fact if anything, I see support for your efforts, though some of the information you posted is misleading as Tim says. Tim, as we all do cares for this forum and it's members a great deal, and just wants to make sure the correct info is getting out there in a way that everyone will understand.

There is no personal attack, but rather a correction of your misinformation. I have looked at your website and see that you are making a very good attempt at entering into the detailing world! Keep at it!
                              Like I said Megafast, I only see support from Tim for your efforts and Tim trying to correct some misinformation that may have been put out there. Let's not turn this into something it isn't.

Thanks

Andy
                              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

All I ever use is Super Degreaser on tires. Works great and works quick.
                                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');