• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just applied Ultimate Wax, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just applied Ultimate Wax, have some questions

Just tried out Ultimate Liquid Wax tonight via D/A. Applied it as thinly as possible and honestly I think i might have applied it too thin? Is that even possible? I couldnt even see it some being laid down sometimes. However it might have been the lighting in my garage. It was night time so no sun to check.

What I liked:
    - has a pleasant smell
    - Wipes off very easy
    - No white residue on trim, infact it made it look better!

What I didnt like:
    - Very hard to see on the car (probably my fault due to bad lighting) compared to Gold Class Carnauba paste wax

Can't comment on the looks until tomorrow. Hopefully I see the results that I have been reading about.

Re: Just applied Ultimate Wax, have some questions

A thin coat is best. I have a black car and a thin coat of wax or sealant is still hard to see even with good lighting.

You really don't need to apply it thick enough to see it very noticably for it to be working. Main thing is to ensure you apply it evenly and to all painted surfaces. Two thin coats is best to ensure even coverage.

Comment

Ultimate Wax should be applied as a thin layer.

As suggested above a second application/ layer will guarantee uniform coverage and long protection.

Comment

OP,

I agree, ULW is really hard to see when being applied in the car. Sometimes, I put a lot of wax on the face of the pad on purpose so I can see the wax being applied. But I guess with their thin film technology, it would really lay it down thinly no matter what you do. This is the best way to do it anyway. Any excess amount of wax is just wasted.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

How long should I wait to apply the second coat? Immediately after removing the first?

Comment

Originally posted by J504 View Post
            How long should I wait to apply the second coat? Immediately after removing the first?
            8 to 12 hours is ideal.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            David

Comment

i just applied ult. wax to my car again yesterday and even though i know i'm applying a thin layer, i still couldnt see it. i looked at it from all angles IN the sun but still couldnt see where i applied it. but all i can way is afterwards is WOW, just makes the car look awesome.

Comment

For me at least using a PC, be methodical and consistent when you apply the wax. A pattern of slight overlap and keep it thin. Although when I apply by hand, it ends up thicker and seems to be just fine.

The same with removal, a consistent technique of wiping off.

However my experience is limited as I've only done black vehicles with Ultimate Wax.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');