• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with purchasing a DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with purchasing a DA

I am going to purchase a DA this week....a lot of new stuff hitting the market (new PC 74247XP, new G110 coming in November). I have been leaning toward forking out the bucks for a Flex XC3401 VRG. The new PC has raised my eyebrows. Add to the confusion....the new G110 is coming out in a few weeks (unfortunately I need to make a purchase before the new G110 is released). I will be using the DA for personal cars. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has experience with the new PC 7424 XP and or the Flex. Thanks

Re: Help with purchasing a DA

To my knowledge, there isn't a new PC coming out, and googling what you listed, there isn't a 74247XP. If you're wanting to spend the money, go for the Flex. But since you said personal cars, you could probably just get the PC and you'd be happy and would have extra money to buy product and pads.
    -Kyle

Comment

The PC7424XP is available and has more power than the original. I also saw that a new G110 is coming out in November according to an advertisement on autogeek.net . If you have to make a purchase soon and cant wait for a new Megs DA look into the the PCXP or the new Griots. Both have more power than their predecessors and some ergonomic improvements as well. I personally have the new Griots but I am not a seasoned machine polisher, but so far I like it.

Comment

As I said in another thread, I use the G110 for personal cars and for other peoples cars. it works great as a DA. Using the Kevin Brown method makes it so you can remove even more defects with a DA.

If you are interested, I have a brand new, never used G110 still in box, for $110 shipped.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggo99 View Post
          To my knowledge, there isn't a new PC coming out, and googling what you listed, there isn't a 74247XP. If you're wanting to spend the money, go for the Flex. But since you said personal cars, you could probably just get the PC and you'd be happy and would have extra money to buy product and pads.
          Sorry Ziggo99...I got a little finger happy with the 7's. According to several online distributors the G110 is being upgraded and will be introduced at SEMA.

Thanks for the replies guys. I need to make a purchase this week because I am giving a car to my son and his new bride. I wanted to clean it up first. My choices were to pay someone several c notes or do it myself. I have always wanted to learn the art of detailing.

Comment

Plus, you can't change the backing plate out on the Flex to go down to the 4 and 3.5 inch pads. Dunno if you'd be using them, but any information helps when making a choice like this. You can still use the 4 and 3.5 inch pads, but the backing plate would be larger than the pad, and that could be trouble.
            -Kyle

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');