• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D101 All Purpose Cleaner use on tires and ATV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D101 All Purpose Cleaner use on tires and ATV?

I am looking for a gentle cleaner for mainly tires, wheel wells, possibly engine bay. I have been reading good things about the D101 APC for cleaning tires.

Can this also be used to clean up wheel wells and plastic parts on an ATV or would it be too harsh for this? It is hard to get into the areas underneath, the springs etc. to clean them and a spray cleaner may help loosen the stuff up some. There are a lot of decals, plastic, wires on the machine, would this product be harmful to them? I can get it fairly clean the way I do it now, but it's very time consuming, so if the D101 would do both the truck tires and the ATV that would be awesome!

Or, am I better off going with a different Meguiars product for gentle yet effective all around cleaning including tires??

Thank You

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: D101 All Purpose Cleaner use on tires and ATV?

D101 is my go to for cleaning tires. Generally I use it un-diluted on tires until I get them really clean (no blooming coming off the tire). Then 4:1.

I also use it on engine bays and wheel wells @ 4:1

Good looking RZR! I like the doors, when we had ours I had a mesh net with a metal frame for doors.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
      D101 is my go to for cleaning tires. Generally I use it un-diluted on tires until I get them really clean (no blooming coming off the tire). Then 4:1.

I also use it on engine bays and wheel wells @ 4:1

Good looking RZR! I like the doors, when we had ours I had a mesh net with a metal frame for doors.
      Great info! I am hopeful I can use it on the UTV hard to reach areas also. I know it's made to get muddy, but it drives me nuts when it's all dirty!

Thanks

Comment

You might want to use some wheel woolies or other brushes to get to some of those tighter areas. They work great for more than just wheels.

Comment

I also use 101 full strength on the tires, but I use it at a 10:1 mix for any other use - wheels, plastic parts, interior, counter tops and anything else I can think of :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mcleod52 View Post
            I also use 101 full strength on the tires, but I use it at a 10:1 mix for any other use - wheels, plastic parts, interior, counter tops and anything else I can think of :-)
            I was concerned about it harming the plastic panels and decals if I got any on them. Nice to know it can be used on plastic. I won't use this as a cleaner for plastic, but overspray may get on it and there are some plastic parts and wires I am concerned with where I want to use it under wheelwells, etc. I ordered 2 sprayer bottles also so I can keep a 10:1 & 4:1 mixed up.
            Thanks for the info.

Comment

As long as you don't let it dry it shouldn't be any issue with hurting the stickers or plastic panels.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
                As long as you don't let it dry it shouldn't be any issue with hurting the stickers or plastic panels.
                Excellent! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');