• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some things I've learned about interiors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things I've learned about interiors...

Doing interiors has become my favorite!

I really started to learn a thing or two about interior detailing this season. I learned that most of all, Formula 409 and a terry towel just won't cut it if you REALLY want results.

I used to think you needed a steamer of some kind, or a hot water/extractor machine to get REAL work done on carpets. I couldn't have been further wrong. Now, I haven't run into anything REALLY nasty yet I don't guess, but I haven't been able find a stain that I couldn't conquer this year.

Until last night I was exclusively using APC, a meguiar's interior carpet/upholstery brush, and ad more stiff carpet brush.

Then I decided there had to be something that would work where the APC fell a little short. I found some Zep commercial premium carpet shampoo at Home Depot, and then also purchased this: http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Po...ampooBrush.htm
    It's a brush (i got the short bristle brush) that attaches to the G100/PC. I think I found the reason they make setting 6 on the G100! Setting 5 wouldn't let the machine turn when I applied any kind of pressure. With setting 6 I had to push HARD to get it to not turn.

This forum has helped me out an absolute ton. It's helped me turn heads of people that were dead flat convinced that their cars interior was done for.

From this:

To this!

Matthew 19:26

Re: Some things I've learned about interiors...

Originally posted by navyblue2000 View Post
    I'm certainly a novice in all this but I enjoy interior work as well, especially when you can see the kind of results as here and in your original Impala post. I've done some interior work on one of our vans but was just going to let the carpet go with a good vacuming. Having seen your results I'm thinking I'll go a little stronger with it--even though I won't likely be getting a PC just yet. But I appreciate the link to ADS to be able to have a look at the brush. One more reason to go PC/G110 maybe sooner than later after all.

Great work and good encouragement!
    Michael
    Thanks for all the help!

Comment

I agree that brush is tremendous. I bought mine last July. I made a big order from ads and at the last minute threw the brush in. It has saved me a couple of times already. I really can't speak highly enough about this attachment.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

NB,

Thanks for the tips. Interiors can be one of the dreaded tasks. I'll have to check out the Zep produce. I've had good luck with this stuff. http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...lsteryAero.jpg.
        I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');