• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated: Rear tailight scratches need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated: Rear tailight scratches need help.

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
    So, with a used car comes some work.... the next thing I want to tackle is this tail light damage... I didn't see it in my pre-delivery walk around so, it's on me. Is there hope? I have put some quick wax on but, I knew that wouldn't help this!
    Do I need to tape off, wet sand, then polish with #10?
    Thanks for the help.
    Based on all of the great feedback from my OP I learned about another great Megs product PlasticX which I picked up on my last trip to Advance Auto Parts.
    After washing and drying the car I started with a few applications of PlasticX by hand using a terry applicator pad. I like the progress I was making. After a few more passes with the terry applicator pad I switched to a MF towel.

Here's the after...

Some notes on my process:
    • Each application by hand was about 45 seconds long in the 83 degree heat.
    • I did about 5-7 applications.
    • Each application was worked in till the car was rockin'.
    • PlasticX was wiped off while still wet.

All I can say is wow! My Wife couldn't believe the results either. I had to show her where the scratch was located.
    When applied correctly...Megs RAWKS!
    Rob A.
    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Re: Updated: Rear tailight scratches need help.

Great work. The lens looks better then new. Your right, Plast-x is another great Meguiars product.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice results! I've found that if you need something a little stronger you can use M105 by hand and follow that up with PlastX to a very nice shine, and less passes required

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
        Very nice results! I've found that if you need something a little stronger you can use M105 by hand and follow that up with PlastX to a very nice shine, and less passes required
        Thanks for that tip about M105...yet another reason to buy some of it.
        Rob A.
        '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
        '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Great results, the light looks new now.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');