• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightly oxidized boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightly oxidized boat

I just purchased a G110 from ADS ($169 special) for the vehicles and I want to get set up with some smaller (4") pads for the boat that has some tighter areas. What do you guys/gals suggest?
    The boat is 8 yrs old and has some light oxidation and just needs to get hit with the DA. What products would you recommend. Thanks Carl

Re: Lightly oxidized boat

o.k. got the pads and now I need to know what products to use. I bought lake and country 4" pads ( 2 orange,2 blue and 2 black - wanted white but the were outta stock)
    So, what products should I put on them???

Thanks
    Carl

Comment

For reference, here's the thread I obtained this information from,

How much cut? #49 vs #67 vs #91

M49 Oxidation Remover is the least aggressive of these 3...

M67 One Step Compound is next in line and was designed more for hand application but can be used by machine for 2000 grit or finer

M91 Power Cut Compound is the most aggressive...It was designed to remove up to 1000 - 1200 grit on gel coat by rotary machine but can also be used by hand.

If it's only lightly oxidized you might consider trying M50 One Step Cleaner/Wax this is a strong cleaner/wax for marine application and is available in both liquid and paste. Hard to say if it's enough for the job without being there in person but it might be worth getting and testing because if it does work you can clean, polish and protect the boat in one step. (How big is the boat?)

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike for posting up I'll put up some before/after shots when I get everything going... Thanks Again Carl

Comment

BTW Mike, it's a 8 yr old 18ft bayboat that see's saltwater. Is the marine line you put up DA friendly ?

Comment

Originally posted by carl292 View Post
            s the marine line you put up DA friendly ?
            Yes. As he said though, 67 can be used by my machine but was meant for hand applications.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');