• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSDS data for products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSDS data for products

This isn't so much a question about problems with products as it is about the information given on the Meguiar's websites regarding the products themselves. What I'm trying to get at is would it be possible to include MSDS data (Material Safety Data Sheet) with the products? This came to me as I was browsing Auto Magic's website (I've used/am using some of their products with great results) and saw that they include MSDS data for every one of their products. I wanted to copy some of the MSDS data here, but the data sheets open as pdf files so I couldn't. You can go to their website, click on Products, click on the category of products (waxes, polishes, dressings, etc.), pick a product and click on the MSDS link below it. Some of the things the data sheets contain relating to each specific product are physical state, appearance, odor, color, pH, freezing point, viscosity, shelf life, health hazards, and so on. I just think this would be a good thing to include, because questions regarding some of these things do come up from time to time, and I think it would be better if the consumer had all that information right there to look at. Examples of what I'm talking about:

Your direct connection to Meguiar's Solutions Hub. Response within 24 hours or less business days.

Your direct connection to Meguiar's Solutions Hub. Response within 24 hours or less business days.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by CieraSL; Apr 30, 2009, 11:01 PM.
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: MSDS data for products

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
      This isn't so much a question about problems with products as it is about the information given on the Meguiar's websites regarding the products themselves. What I'm trying to get at is would it be possible to include MSDS data (Material Safety Data Sheet) with the products? This came to me as I was browsing Auto Magic's website (I've used/am using some of their products with great results) and saw that they include MSDS data for every one of their products. I wanted to copy some of the MSDS data here, but the data sheets open as pdf files so I couldn't. You can go to their website, click on Products, click on the category of products (waxes, polishes, dressings, etc.), pick a product and click on the MSDS link below it. Some of the things the data sheets contain relating to each specific product are physical state, appearance, odor, color, pH, freezing point, viscosity, shelf life, health hazards, and so on. I just think this would be a good thing to include, because questions regarding some of these things do come up from time to time, and I think it would be better if the consumer had all that information right there to look at. Examples of what I'm talking about:

Just a thought.
      CieraSL,

Thank you for the feedback. All of our MSDS sheets are available through our website (link below) or we can fax or email them to you if requested through our Customer Care Center. Of course it doesn't hurt to make info easier to find, but keep in mind that only a very small percentage of our customers require or desire an MSDS data.

Meguiar's MSDS
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

ADS also has them all available in a single compressed file download (at least he did, don't see why he would have taken it down though).

Comment

If this helps a little... I've placed a link to the MSDS page on Meguiars.com in the Site Navigation box on the homepage of the forum.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Brian and Mike! I don't know about everybody else, but I like to have that information available to me when I need it. Thanks for your great customer service! I wish every company's customer service was this great...
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Its always a good idea to carry around your msds sheets in case of a spill, car crash etc. in my area the fire department requires for mobile detailers to have every single msds sheets and not having them while lead to a fine.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');