• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class trim detailer on Matte Black "PAINT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class trim detailer on Matte Black "PAINT"

I've seen the recommendation to use Gold Class trim detailer on matte finishes but the bottle says do not use on paint?

Will it damage the paint or is that a just a warning that it will not work to it's fullest potential on a painted surface?

thanks,
    fred

Re: Gold Class trim detailer on Matte Black "PAINT"

answered...thank you

Comment

From your similar question posted here,

Need cleaning help on Matte Black Ducati!

Originally posted by fbristow View Post
      It says on the bottle of the gold class trim detailer not to use it on painted surfaces.

can you still you it on the tank or other painted parts?
      Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      That's correct.

If you read through this thread which is linked to above,

How to create a dark sheen on flat black plastic

It explains your options and the reality of flat black surfaces.

But you are correct, as stated in the above article, Trim Detailer is not for use on paint. Contact the manufacture and check with them as to what they recommend you use to clean it and what you use to maintain it's appearance, and/or restore improve the appearance over time.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by fbristow View Post
        I've seen the recommendation to use Gold Class trim detailer on matte finishes but the bottle says do not use on paint?

Will it damage the paint or is that a just a warning that it will not work to it's fullest potential on a painted surface?

thanks,
        fred
        It ***** that MEGUIARS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE don't explain WHY its not good on paint, SO, in the case of "live and learn", I'm presently applying it to the back hood of my Mustang.
        NO OTHER SITE ON THE INTERNET EXPLAINS "WHY NOT TO APPLY THE "TRIM DETAILER" ON PAINT", SO I GUESS SACRIFICING IS WHAT I GOTTA DO!!!

Comment

Well it's common sense. It's not a wax, compound or sealant.
          It is a trim dressing.
          Other things that shouldn't be used on paint that aren't explained are Dressings, window cleaners, oil, cornflakes, basil, garlic and the like.

Why are you so upset that things that shouldn't be applied to paint aren't explained?
          Again, common sense.
          Read the label.

Here's the simple explanation on why you shouldn't apply a trim dressing to paint.
          it's not a wax.
          it's oily.
          it's going to make your paint look like an oil slick.
          it's made for plastic and not paint.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');