• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Oxidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Oxidation

My 9 year old boat is showing some signs of light to medium oxidation in some spots on the hull. There are other spots that look great and do not receive much sun exposure. Would I be ok to use the 50 One Step for the entire boat? Or should I only be using it on the areas that are affected? Can 50 be used with an orbital buffer or am I better off hand applying. Any input is appreciated.

Re: Light Oxidation

Forgot to mention, the boat is White with a Red Stripe, the Red is what is most noticeable with oxidation and small scratches.

Comment

Re: Light Oxidation

You can use the M50 One Step Cleaner/Wax over all the gel-coat surfaces, both oxidized and not oxidized. Its safe and easy to use and actually works really well.

For the more severely oxidized areas use the product heavy and apply with some firm pressure.

For areas still in great shape then simply apply more gently.

You can use M50 by hand or machine, your choice.

For more cleaning power, check out this thread,

How much cut? #49 vs #67 vs #91

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');