• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number 6 - Cleaner Wax ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 6 - Cleaner Wax ???

Not sure if I am posting in the right section of the forum? I have a few questions in regards with this cleaner wax.

1: Is #6 being discontinued from production?
    2: Was this not a Consumer Product VS Detailer Line (I only see them availabe on Autogeek).
    3: Which DA Pad is best used with this and at what Speed?
    4: Is it bad to use on my car every weekend?

In any case, I am sort of falling in love with this wax. It goes On and Off with little to no effort. It may not have the brightest shine to it (say NXT & NXT2.0, but Last Touch fixes that issue easily!

- Vehicle: 07' Honda S2000 = Sensative Clearcoat
    - Daily Driver, Never Garaged and Open to all elements out there.

I should of used M83 and then followed it up with M80, But this portion of the car only got hit with some M80 two weeks ago. Sinc ethen, it has just been washed, dried, quick spray of some last touch and waxed after each wash.....Yes, I waxed it again after I just washed it today

Last Picture shows some lines...them be deep scratches ... will have to address that next weekend.

2003' Ford SVT Cobra
    2007' Honda S2000

My Cobra: http://0-1320feet.com/other_mycar.html

Re: Number 6 - Cleaner Wax ???

The #6 is from the Mirror Glaze line:

I guess you could use it every weekend, first application by machine, but then I would only do it by hand if you like it so much b/c it could get a little aggressive over long periods of time. I would use it with the 9006 pad or new 2.0 pad of the same cut, I think its the 9207.

If you enjoy waxing it every weekend, then I would just get the Mirror glaze line product called #26:

It is a really nice wax, and they have it in paste too if you like it that way also.

By the way, I like the Cobra in the reflection!
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Thanks Fergy for the quick response....Yes Ive been using the Meguiars 9006 and or the Lakewood Dark Gray Finishing Pad with a speed of 2 on the DA. Was just wondering if I could use the 8006 with it, But you raised a good point. I dont believe Honda has the best clear coast in the market (see countless hondas with Clear Coat Failure). Should be easy enough to do by hand and :cheers: on the link.

Lucky for me not much soon...cobra is a bit dirty from last night LOL.
      2003' Ford SVT Cobra
      2007' Honda S2000

Comment

Dier, here is the order of abrasiveness of Meguiar's cleaner waxes, as stated by Mike Phillips (from least aggressive to most aggressive):
        • Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
        • M20 Polymer Sealant
        • ColorX
        • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close. Mike P. puts M06 and ColorX on the same level.)
        • M66 Quick Detailer
        • D151 PRC

So do you love your S2000 as much as I love mine?

Cheers,
        Al
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

akimel, I do no know that is possible...
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
            akimel, I do no know that is possible...
            LOL. Probably true. Every man needs a passion ...
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

My local O'Reilly Auto Parts carries #6, as well as about 11 other products from the Mirror Glaze line. I thought about getting it, but I already have Cleaner Wax (in the maroon bottle) and Color X, so I don't really need it. I might try it out once I use up one of the other two. It's Meguiar's, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Prices: MD=Meguiar's Direct, AG=Autogeek, ADS=Auto Detailing Solutions

M06 Cleaner Wax

O'Reilly $11.99 (16 oz.)
              MD $12.49 (16 oz.)
              AG $11.99 (16 oz.)
              ADS $27.49 (64 oz.)

You can see my thread from my last visit to O'Reilly here.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would use M06 every couple months and then use a more gentle wax in between such as Gold Class, NXT etc.

if your looking to remove swirls and scratches then do it in one polishing session instead of having to use M06 every time you wax.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Akimel, it is different. Pre 05' Mustangs are known for interior noise, but man...this S2000 is far noisier. Do u have gear noise too? Thought my aftermarket gears on the Cobra was bad, but the volume of the pitch!!! It is a great Daily Driver = 31mph on weekly bases and even 29mph flogging it around the mountains, but if it only had 350 rwtq more on the gas pedal LOL.
                  and VTEK?....not the best thing when you are in the middle of the apex and it kicks on, LOL...catch me doing a 180'.

CieralSL, I purchased their 64oz bottle when they had a special some time ago. Just never used it till a few weeks ago. Normally I need to get the bonet out to get the wax(#26 & NXT V1 and NXT V2) off to my preference....Number 6 just wipes off with alot of ease.

Will get the D151 after Number 6 is done. May just get another bottle just in case I cant find anything as equal for my car and its daily life.
                  2003' Ford SVT Cobra
                  2007' Honda S2000

Comment

I agree. S2000s are noisy. When I'm on the interstate I have to turn off the radio/CD altogether. But put the top down and I'm in heaven.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      I would use M06 every couple months and then use a more gentle wax in between such as Gold Class, NXT etc.

if your looking to remove swirls and scratches then do it in one polishing session instead of having to use M06 every time you wax.
                      Only problem is that the car picks up so much stuff in a few days and by the time I wash her, it is pretty bad. Birds especially seem to love dropping bombs on her .

Trying to avoid using polishers with some kick on the cutting side...guess I could use M80 and #26, but trying to keep things very simple and keep the swirls at a minimum.

Scratch X Version one is great on this clear coat. Keep having to bring it out..., but the results are pleasing to the eye.
                      2003' Ford SVT Cobra
                      2007' Honda S2000

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                        I agree. S2000s are noisy. When I'm on the interstate I have to turn off the radio/CD altogether. But put the top down and I'm in heaven.
                        LOL...yeah, the top...I need the hard top, but Not really wanting to dish out the $$$ for it. Fun car up in the mountains though. Getting to know her evil side, but she has been good to me.
                        2003' Ford SVT Cobra
                        2007' Honda S2000

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');