• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third G110 Dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third G110 Dies.

My third G110 Died ... this was the third G110 polisher I've had that has completely died on me. Has anyone else had so many machines fail on them?

It's becoming a bit frustrating, I love Meguiar's, but after this mishap I can't say I have much faith in the G110 Dual Action Polisher. Kinda Bummed out... Any chance I could get a refund? I think I'm gonna stick with my old faithful original PC.

This was my previous post on this occurrence:
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Re: Third G110 Dies.

Sorry to hear that, luckily the G100's have a LIFETIME warranty on them.

Have you looked at the new Porter Cable XP? It's got a 3-year warranty and a little more power than the G110 (marginal amounts of additional power).
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
      I think I'm gonna stick with my old faithful original PC.
      I have a never used PC 7336SP if you want it.

Comment

I lost a G110 last weekend. I got a 7424P being delivered today from ADS. And a replacement G110 being ordered. Don't lose faith.
        2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
        2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
          I have a never used PC 7336SP if you want it.
          Thanks Zoran, but hopefully I can find the receipt and I can get a refund. The original Machine was given to me as a gift by my girl, and I don't know if she kept the receipt for it. The last buffer, and this one were both replaced for me by Tom MacDonald.

I may have to go with the New 7424XP at this point as this is the machine most comparable to the G110. It's a shame, I really like the G110 but after 3 different machines having failed me it's left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't blame Meg's at all... I know the machine is made by a third party, and obviously they don't care about quality as much as Meguiars. But hey at least Megs still makes the majority of their own products in house.
          Erik Mejia

Comment

What gauge extension cord are you using? If the gauge is too small or the cord too long it can cause premature failure of power tools.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
              What gauge extension cord are you using? If the gauge is too small or the cord too long it can cause premature failure of power tools.

http://www.rentrain.com/georgestoolrental/wiregauge.php
              This is exactly what I was thinking. My G110 died on me, the one time I used a different extension cord. It may be coincidence but I do not know.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Erik, check your extension cords.....

My humble opinion is to use no smaller than a 12ga cord and my G100 AND my Harbor Freight rotary are good to go.

I've preached that before on cords.

I know it's frustrating, I've put off buying a G110 and stick with my trusty G100.....

Of course there is not thread that says:

"Hey my G110 works great and I love it!"
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

This is the exact cord I use:

I use this cord for all my tools, and have never had a problem before.
                  Erik Mejia

Comment

Erik, I don't blame you for asking for a refund. Three breakdowns is unacceptable. I had one breakdown, and I know that if this second one also breaks down, I too will be asking for a refund. These G110s need better reliability.
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Hmmm...

After hearing about all of the breakdowns, I don't plan on buying a G110 anytime soon.

Proper gauge cord or not, these buffers should last longer than they do. I used a lighter gauge extension cord for several years with my G100, and never had an issue like this. Course, I do recommend the use of a proper gauge cord though.
                      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
                        Should be plenty big.....

That's too bad, those who don't have troubles love the G110. I kinda like the PC7424XP.

I'd be willing to bet the brushes are shot and no real resource for replacing them.....As of yet anyways.

None the less, Meguiar's is a reputable company and should take care of you even though it's a pain the hind end!

Keep us posted!
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

How can I find out what gauge cord I'm using? We have a couple thick orange cords in the garage that we use but they are old and we have no clue what the official gauge is. I would assume that they are 12+ since they look pretty thick and we've been using them with out electric lawnmower for years but I can't find anything that actually states the gauge. Thanks.
                          -HealthyCivic
                          Check out the glossary

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
                            How can I find out what gauge cord I'm using? We have a couple thick orange cords in the garage that we use but they are old and we have no clue what the official gauge is. I would assume that they are 12+ since they look pretty thick and we've been using them with out electric lawnmower for years but I can't find anything that actually states the gauge. Thanks.
                            Look at the plugs. The gauge number is sometimes embossed on the connection surface

Or take your power cord to your local hardware store and ask them to measure the gauge for you using a wire gauge

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
                              It should be stamped or printed on the cord itself. Might take a magnifying glass to read it though.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');