• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

extension power cord.. G110v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extension power cord.. G110v2

Is there any problem about using an extension power cord to the G110v2?

If no, how many feet can that power cord be?

Re: extension power cord.. G110v2

Just to complement.. I read in the manual (G110v2) about it but, when I went out to buy one the sales man told me that I should not get much longer than 10 feet, now I dunno why since both 10 and 16 feet extension cords had basically the same specs..

120-127 V - 1200W - 10 Ampers (10 feet)

What is the big problem about using the 16 feet extension cord over the 10 feet one? How many feet have yours?

Comment

I don't see a problem with it at all...

Comment

I use mine with a 50 foot 16 gauge extension cord and have had no problems whatsoever.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

In that case I should get the 16 foot one, since the G110v2 has the 10 foot power cord and another 10 from the extension, that may not be long enough to get all the freedom I need to work with.

Comment

Alexandre, are you sure the salesman wasn't talking about 10 gauge and 16 gauge extension cords? A 10 foot or a 16 foot cord doesn't seem useful (too short). A cord of either 10, 12, 14 or 16 gauge can safely be used with a Megs DA for up to 100 feet, but it's probably best to opt for the lower gauge as the cord gets longer. I have a 50 foot, 12 gauge cord myself

Comment

I use a 35 ft. retractable. Never had a issue. I also tend to believe you are referring to gauge not length.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I am not sure, he didn' t explain me at all, just said it he had not the 16 foot cable that could be used buy a polisher and that I could pick the 10 foot one.

But this gauge thing, what is it?

Comment

American wire gauge

Got my ADS order! My G110v2 has arrived!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');